Welcome to D.C. United’s A to Z Guide – your comprehensive resource for everything related to D.C. United and Audi Field. For questions about information that is not found here, please feel free to contact our customer service team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Audi Field follows a clear bag policy for all events. You can learn more about the clear bag policy by clicking here.
Audi Field has accessible seating throughout the stadium. For accessible seating accommodations, please contact Ticketmaster at 1-800-653-8000 or stop by the Audi Field Box Office.
For information about upcoming matches/events, directions to the stadium or to contact our administrative office, please email us at email@example.com.
100 Potomac Ave SW
Washington, D.C. 20024 .
D.C. United, Audi Field, and Levy Restaurants promote the responsible sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Guests should be prepared to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcohol at Audi Field. There is a limit of two drinks per person, per transaction. Acceptable forms of identification are: driver’s license, passport, state issued I.D. card with photo, and military I.D. with photo. All guests are expected and encouraged to drink responsibly. For D.C. United matches, all alcohol sales will stop in the 75th minute of the match, or at the discretion of D.C. United and Audi Field management. Intoxicated guests may be denied entry to the stadium or denied service.
Plaza area: Guests who purchase alcohol at the fan plaza must stay within plaza grounds. They will not be allowed to go past the fencing with alcohol in hand. All food and beverages purchased in the Fan Plaza will not be allowed into Audi Field.
Service animals or service animals in-training, for guests with disabilities, are welcome at Audi Field. All other animals are prohibited.
Autographs are not guaranteed but may be available at a designated location announced by D.C. United following the match. All fans must comply with instructions from stadium personnel and be respectful of both the players and the other patrons at all times.
Automatic Teller Machines are located on the main concourse by section 138 and 123.
Baby changing stations are located inside all of Audi Field’s women's restrooms and men's restrooms. Family restrooms are located at sections 103, 114, 123, and 131.
For guests that have non-compliant bags, a bag check will be provided at cost via Audi Field’s bag check partner located in the Fan Plaza. Bag check will be open from 2 hours prior to kickoff until 45 minutes after the final whistle.
In order to provide a safe and secure experience at Audi Field for all of our fans, and to expedite entry into the stadium, D.C. United will be implementing a clear bag policy at all events. Only clear bags of a specific size will be allowed into Audi Field.
Bags allowed into Audi Field include:
• ONE clear, plastic bag no larger than 12” by 6” by 12”
• ONE clear, gallon freezer bag (Ziploc or similar brand)
• ONE clutch bag or small purse no larger than 6.5” by 4.5” (fits in the palm of a hand)
All clear bags are subject to inspection. Please see the prohibited items page for a comprehensive list of items not permitted in to Audi Field.
D.C. United has a minimum of twelve (12) ball kids for each home game. Their main job is to make sure there is always a ball on the field for the players. Ball kids must be at least fourteen (14) years of age. For more information about how to become a D.C. United Ball Kid, please contact D.C. United at 202-655-2842 and ask to be connected to a group sales representative.
Banners and small signs are allowed within Audi Field. Banners larger than a 3’ by 5’ must be pre-approved by the D.C. United front office. All banners entering Audi Field are subject to inspection.
All flags, banners, and signs most follow these guidelines:
• Must be related to the event
• May not be attached to a stick/pole
• May not be hung, attached, or displayed on any part of the building
• Item may not contain or display obscene/offensive language and/or pictures, as determined by Audi Field management.
• Item may not obstruct the view of other guests or any stadium advertising signage, or be affixed to the stadium in any manner.
Bicycles are not permitted within Audi Field. However, D.C. United offers a complimentary bike valet service located at the corner of T Street and 2nd Street SW that will be open until 45 minutes after the game ends. There are also bike racks around the stadium for fans bicycling to the game, and a Capital Bikeshare station near to the Navy Yard Metro Station at the corner of 1st Street SE and K Street.
Glass, metal, or plastic containers of any kind are not permitted into Audi Field. Fans will be permitted to bring in one factory-sealed bottle of water, per person, during heat advisories ONLY. D.C. United will notify fans in advance during heat advisories.
Audi Field’s box office is located at the corner of Potomac Ave. and First St. SW. On matchdays, the box office will be open from 12 PM until the 80th minute of the match.
Guests are permitted to bring cameras and video equipment into Audi Field, provided they are intended for personal use only. Professional and commercial grade cameras are not allowed in the stadium. Only credentialed media members are permitted to bring cameras with a lens longer than eight (8) inches, monopods, or tripods inside the stadium. Guests are not permitted to obstruct others from viewing the game while taking photographs. Camera bags are not permitted inside Audi Field unless they are compliant with the clear bag policy.
Children ages two (2) and under are not required to have a ticket to enter D.C. United games. If attending without a ticket, they must sit on the lap of an accompanying adult. All children ages three (3) years or older must have a ticket.
D.C. United and Audi Field offer several hospitality areas for the enjoyment of our fans. If you are interested in purchasing tickets for one of our clubs or a suite, please email JClark@dcunited.com.
• EagleBank Club - The EagleBank Club is an all-inclusive area located on the club level of the east side of Audi Field, behind sections C1-C8. It is most easily accessible from Gate A or the premium entrance. Once inside the main gate at Audi Field, guests should utilize the circulation tower stairs and proceed to the 2nd level to reach the club. Access to this area is for club level ticket holders only.
• Heineken MVP Club – The Heineken MVP Club is an all-inclusive area located just inside the main gate of Audi field on the field level. The MVP Club is located on the north side of the stadium closest to Gate A near the club shop. Access to this area is for field level ticket holders only (sections F1-F12).
D.C. United are committed to making a positive and measurable impact in the lives of children and families in the metropolitan region. Our primary focus is to support programs and initiatives focused on health & wellness and youth soccer. To learn more about D.C. United's work in the community, follow @DCU_CR on Twitter or visit www.dcunited.com/community.
The D.C. United Club Shop is located near Gate A behind the Heineken MVP Club. The Club Shop is open four hours prior to kickoff until 30 minutes after the match on matchdays, and on non-matchdays from 11 AM - 6 PM.
Coolers and hard-sided containers are prohibited at Audi Field. See our list of prohibited items for more information.
Levy Restaurants operates the food and beverage services at Audi Field. There are concession stands located throughout the stadium serving a variety of food and beverage, including specialty items inspired by ThinkFoodGroup and Chef José Andrés. For more detailed information relating to stadium concessions, please click here.
For sponsorship opportunities with D.C. United, please contact our Corporate Partnership department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance with any customer service issues, fans can email email@example.com. Our guest experience team is also available throughout the game to assist with any guest-related issues at the Fan Assistance Booth behind section F1. Guest Experience staff can also be found outside the gates of Audi Field, beginning two hours prior to kickoff until 15 minutes after kickoff.
Disabled guests may contact the Guest Experience offices prior to matchday at firstname.lastname@example.org. On matchday, guests may contact a Guest Experience Gate Supervisor upon arrival to the stadium, or stop by the Fan Assistance Booth located on the concourse behind section F1. For more information about accessibility at Audi Field, please click here.
Ticket packages are available throughout the year, and each package varies in price and ticket amount. Be sure to stay up to date with our latest ticket packages on sale at dcunited.com or click here to subscribe to our email newsletter.
D.C. United are committed to supporting programs and non-profit organizations that make a positive impact throughout the Washington, D.C. area. D.C. United support various organizations' fundraising endeavors through the donation of D.C. United memorabilia and merchandise. To submit a donation request, please click here.
Audi Field provides two elevators at the premium lobby for guests with disabilities or mobility challenges, or guests with small children. These elevators service the east stands, including premium areas. There is also an elevator located in the Heineken MVP Club, which services suites 27-31 and the rooftop bar.
In case of emergency, D.C. United personnel are trained and instructed to help guests evacuate Audi Field in a timely and orderly progression. We ask fans to remain calm and follow any and all instructions from D.C. United personnel, as well as the PA announcer.
D.C. United are committed to providing a great fan experience for all of our guests, and we welcome feedback regarding our game day staff. To recognize a staff member for their service, please email us at email@example.com.
For the safety of all fans entering Audi Field, guests must pass through a form of metal detection to enter the stadium. Guests who do not wish to walk through a metal detector will have the option of being checked with a handheld metal detector. Guests with bags will have their bags searched, provided they adhere to the clear bag policy. Guests declining to be searched will be denied access to the stadium.
Prior to walking through the metal detectors all fans should place cell phones and key rings into the bowls provided or place them into their own bag which will still be subject to search.
Fans are not required to remove:
• Coats and Jackets
Audi Field has 4 (four) main entrances for D.C. United events:
• Gate A- located on the Northeast corner of the stadium
• Gate B - located on the Northwest corner of the stadium
• Gate C – located on the on the Southeast side of the stadium
• Premium – located on the East side of the stadium
Fan Assistance booths are located outside the stadium in the Fan Plaza and inside the stadium, in the concourse behind section F1. The booth in the Fan Plaza opens 2 hours prior to kickoff, and the booth inside Audi Field opens when Audi Field’s gates open until 30 minutes following the end of the match.
Services offered include:
• Child I.D. wristbands
• Disabled fan accommodations
• Emergency assistance
• General information
• Guest comment forms
• Lost and found
• Ticket services
• Wheelchair service
All letters should be addressed to a specific player or coach, so they can reach the intended recipient. Fans should note that players and coaches receive a large amount of fan mail, and D.C. United does not guarantee that a player or coach will respond to any requests or letters.
Coach or Player Name
100 Potomac Ave. SW
Washington, D.C. 20024
Anyone attempting to trespass or trespassing on to the field of play will be subject to ejection and arrest.
Audi Field has two first aid locations in the stadium - on the main concourse behind section 114 and on the upper concourse behind section 102. There are EMTs in the stadium that are ready to respond to emergencies. If you, or someone you know, are experiencing a medical emergency, please notify our Guest Experience staff for assistance.
Flags are permitted, providing the item falls within the following guidelines and the ticketed seat of the guest is in one of the designated supporter seating locations:
• Item may not obstruct facility signage.
• Item may not contain or display any profane, offensive, graphic, obscene language, and/or pictures as determined by event management.
• Item is not taped, glued, or secured using an adhesive agent of any kind.
• The hanging of the banner, flag, or sign does not in any way damage the stadium walls, paint, railings, glass, or other stadium property.
• Item may not be constructed of wood, metal, or any other material that may cause harm to others as determined by event management.
• Item may not contain commercial or political messages of any kind.
• Item may not be used as a projectile.
• If desired, a sign or banner may be attached to a holding device, provided it meets the following requirements: The pole must be made out of a hollow ½ inch PVC pipe no longer than 5 feet long. Any pole longer than this must be pre-approved by management.
In the event that a banner, flag, or sign does not meet the above guidelines, guests should be prepared to discard the item or return the item to his/her vehicle. The item will not be stored, secured, or kept for return by Audi Field. Team management reserves the right to remove banners or signs that they deem incendiary or of provocative nature in the interests of fan and team safety.
Outside food and beverages are prohibited inside of Audi Field. Special exceptions will be made for small children or individuals with specific food allergies. Any questions about outside food and beverage should be directed to our Guest Experience team. For more information about food and beverage offerings at Audi Field, please click here.
Audi Field has several locations of gates that may be used for entry and exit.
• Gate A - located on the Northeast corner of the stadium at the corner of Potomac Avenue and First Street SW
• Gate B - located on the on the Southeast side of the stadium at S Street SW. This gate is suggested for fans seated in sections 111 through 123
• Gate C - located on the Northwest corner of the stadium located at the corner of R Street and Second Street SW. This is the designated gate for any and all supporter groups bringing in banners, pre-approved poles, musical instruments, and tifo.
• Premium Entrance– located on the East side of the stadium between R St. and S St. SW. This entrance is designated for EagleBank Club and Heineken MVP Club ticket holders.
Public gates will open 90 minutes prior to kickoff for all D.C. United home games.
Fans will be permitted to bring in one factory-sealed bottle of water, per person, during heat advisories ONLY. D.C. United will notify fans in advance of heat advisories. Water fountains are available throughout the stadium for fans to refill their bottles.
Star Services, LLC manages all janitorial services at Audi Field. They ensure that Audi Field is maintained for all guests utilizing the facility. To report a spill or other janitorial problem, please see the nearest Guest Experiences staff member.
All ticket holders will assume all risk for injury incidental to the game of soccer or other related activities. These activities can occur before, during and after the actual game.
D.C. United guests who need to claim or report lost items during a game should visit the Fan Assistance Booth on the concourse behind section F1. Lost items will be kept for 30 days. After 30 days, items will be discarded and/or destroyed if containing sensitive information. Guests may contact lost and found at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about and/or retrieve lost items. Lost and found is open Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 AM-5PM.
Lost children and guests should be taken to the Fan Assistance Booth, located on the concourse behind section F1. D.C. United offer child wristband services, which include the option for children to have their seating location and emergency contact information with them at all times. For more information, inquire at the Fan Assistance Booth behind section F1 or in the Fan Plaza on game day.
The beloved mascot of D.C. United is Talon the fearsome, yet lovable eagle. Talon roams the field and stands throughout the game rallying the crowd for D.C. United.
Fans can purchase D.C. United related material at the official D.C. United Club Shop, or at one of the kiosks locations throughout Audi Field
• Club Shops are located on the concourse near Gate A and at section 119.
• Kiosks are located in the concourse behind Sections F2 and F10 in the concourse.
• The hours of operation for the D.C. United Club Shop are matchdays 2 hours before kickoff until 30 minutes following the game and Monday-Friday from 11 AM - 6 PM on non-matchdays.
A mother has the right to breast feed her child in any public or private location where the mother and child are authorized to be present. Nursing mothers and children are encouraged to use one of the first aid stations if looking for a private location. Family restrooms are located at sections 103, 114, 123, and 131.
Outside food and beverage is prohibited at Audi Field. For information regarding food and beverage options inside of the stadium, please click here.
D.C. United offer suite options for parties of various sizes. If you are interested in purchasing tickets for a suite, please email JClark@dcunited.com.
For the safety of all D.C. United guests, police and security are stationed throughout Audi Field’s seating bowl, concourse, and field level areas. Guests are urged to notify security personnel in the event of any emergency.
For the safety and security of our guests, the following items are not permitted in to the facility:
*Special considerations will be made for guests with special medical needs and parents caring for infants.
• Selfie sticks
• Smoke devices, flares, or fireworks of any kind
• Illegal substances, drugs, or chemicals of any kind
• Projectiles • Metal, plastic, glass, or aluminum containers of any kind
• Backpacks, fanny packs, tote bags, drawstring bags, or other non-compliant bags
• Poles of any kind (metal, plastic, or wooden)
• Any outside food and beverage
• Hard-sided coolers or containers of any size
• Professional cameras and equipment, including lenses in excess of eight (8) inches, tripods, and monopods
• Animals (except services animals)
• Inflated balls of any kind
• Artificial noisemakers, including whistles or air horns of any kind
• Laser pointers
• Streamers and confetti
• Aerosol cans
• Seat cushions larger than 16” by 16” or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, or metal backs
• By Metro: Audi Field is located at the Navy Yard metro station and is accessible on the green line. The closest transfer point from blue, orange, silver, red, and yellow lines is L’Enfant Plaza. MetroRail hours of operation, fares, and delay information can be found at their website, wmata.com.
• By bus: Audi Field is accessible by the 74 and P6 Metrobus lines. For more information, visit wmata.com.
• By bicycle: There is a complimentary bicycle valet is located at the corner of 2nd Street SW and T Street. We also offer multiple bike racks around Audi Field. There is a Capital Bike Share station at the corner of First Street and K Street SE.
Matches are played rain or shine. The match may be delayed in the event of lightning or other dangerous weather-related situations. Guests will be notified in the event of a disruption. Please note that umbrellas are not allowed into Audi Field.
Recycle Track Systems, in conjunction with D.C. United and Audi Field, offers recycling receptacles throughout the concourse of the stadium. The recycling containers can accept cardboard, plastic bottles, aluminum cans, mixed paper, and newspaper. Audi Field is proud to have achieved LEED Gold certification.
Guests may not exit and re-enter the stadium using the same ticket.
Resale of tickets is strictly prohibited by D.C. United and District of Columbia law. Anyone violating the said law is subject to arrest and prosecution by the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department.
Restrooms are available throughout the inside of the entire stadium on all levels. All restrooms at Audi Field are accessible to persons with disabilities. Family restrooms are located on the main concourse at sections 114, 123, and 131, as well as section 103 on the upper concourse.
For the safety and security of our guests, we ask everyone to adhere to the following policies:
• All persons entering the stadium are searched for prohibited items. This includes a thorough inspection of all jackets, coats, packages, bags and any other containers brought to any of the stadium entry gates.
• Guests may not exit and re-enter the stadium using the same ticket.
• Guests should retain tickets in order to show them each time that they enter their assigned seating section.
• Guests should sit only in their assigned seat to avoid inconveniencing other guests. Offenders will be escorted from the stadium.
• Smoking is prohibited in all areas of Audi Field
• Outside food and beverage is prohibited.
D.C. United are committed to providing a high-quality fan experience for all fans. D.C. United staff will check all tickets to seats to ensure each fan is seated in the proper location.
Smoking is prohibited in every area of Audi Field, including surrounding sidewalks and plaza spaces.
Strollers are permitted in all concourse areas of Audi Field. Strollers that are unable to fold up and fit underneath a seat must be checked at the Guest Services location behind section F1.
Guests looking to make suggestions and give feedback are encouraged to do so by emailing our customer service team at email@example.com.
D.C. United and Audi Field provide televisions in certain seating locations, as well as in the concourse, for the convenience of our guests.
For any and all ticket-related issues, please visit our Ticket Services windows (7 & 8) at the Box Office and the Fan Assistance booth.
D.C. United and Audi Field do not allow umbrellas inside of the stadium.
Ushers are stationed throughout the stadium in order to enforce all rules and regulations related to our events. Guests are asked to treat all ushers with courtesy and respect, in order to maintain a safe and enjoyable environment. Ushers are also in place to answer any questions related to the event, and should be contacted in the event of an emergency.
D.C. United welcome fans and supporters of visiting teams throughout MLS. Visiting fans are guests of D.C. United - harassment of the visiting team or their fans will not be tolerated, and may result in ejection from the venue. For information about purchasing tickets in the designated visiting supporter section, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Weapons and firearms are prohibited at Audi Field, except for law enforcement personnel with licenses to carry them. Law enforcement officials must register their weapon with building security at Gate B prior to entering the facility.
D.C. United provide wheelchair escorts for guests with limited mobility from any Audi Field entrance to the guest’s seating location. Upon arriving at an entrance, please ask for assistance.
D.C. United offer a wide variety of youth activities that are available for purchase for each D.C. United home game. These activities are as follows:
1. Player Escorts - Two (2) youth sports teams are needed each game to ‘escort’ D.C. United and the visiting team on to the field. Each child will be matched with a member of the starting 11 to walk on to the field for the national anthem. Each child will also receive a D.C. United replica kit as part of the package to wear on the field. Player escorts must be ages 6-14.
2. Flag Carriers - Several youth teams and groups of children are able to present the American flag on the field during the pre-game ceremonies. These groups will also have the chance to watch the teams warm up from field level. Ages 10-16 years old.
3. Ball Kids - D.C. United require a minimum of 12 ball kids to help constantly keep a ball on the playing field for the teams during the game. MLS rules require participants to be at least 14 years old. Ball kids are provided with a t-shirt and a meal.
If you are interested in having your child, or your child’s youth team, participate in one of D.C. United’s youth activities, please contact us at 202-655-2842 and ask to speak to a group sales representative.