AUDI FIELD BAG POLICY
To expedite entry into Audi Field, we strongly encourage fans not to bring bags to the stadium. Designated lanes will be set up for fans with bags and fans without bags. If you must bring a bag to the stadium, please see the important information below.
- No bags larger than 14” by 14” by 6” will be allowed into Audi Field.
- No backpacks will be allowed (“cinch bags” that fit the size restriction will be allowed).
- Other bag types that will NOT be allowed at Audi Field include: coolers, luggage, large purses, or other similar bags that exceed the size restriction.
D.C. United have also partnered with Binbox Lockers, a company that seeks to revolutionize the way customers rent lockers using a keyless locking system app.
Binbox’s free app is available in iOS or Android, and can be found in the App Store and on Google Play. The convenient app allows customers to quickly locate available locker units, pay with a credit card, and secure their belongings with Bluetooth technology. More information on Binbox Lockers can be found on their website: www.binboxlockers.com.
BAG POLICY FAQ
Are diaper bags permitted?
Diapers and wipes can be carried in any bag that meets our bag policy. However, large diaper bags are not permitted.
Are seat cushions allowed to be carried into the stadium?
Yes—only one-piece, foam seat cushions with no covers are permitted as long as they do not exceed 16” wide and do not have armrests or a metal back.
Can I bring a blanket into the stadium?
Yes, blankets will be permitted. Fans will be able to bring blankets by tossing them over a shoulder or arm so that they can be easily screened.
What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the bag policy criteria will be turned away from the stadium. Additionally, Binbox lockers will be available outside of the gates for fans to store their non-compliant bags.
If I have certain items that I need to bring into a stadium for medical reasons and they will not fit in a 14" by 6" by 14" bag, what do I do?
There will be a separate entrance to allow screenings of these bags and medically necessary items. Please contact guest services for more information in advance of coming to a match at firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I do to get into the stadium quickly?
- To speed the security screening process, make sure that any bags being carried in meet D.C. United and Audi Field's bag policy guidelines.
- We will have dedicated no-bag and bag lanes at each gate to help streamline the process.
- Remove any jackets or other large, bulky items from your bag and carry these in hand. When the contents of your bag are clearly visible, staff can screen bags without requiring any contents to be removed. If blankets or other items conceal the contents of a bag, staff must request that they be removed in order for screening to take place, delaying the process.
- When approaching the metal detector, remove any keys, coins or other metal objects from your pockets and hold these in hand.
- If at all possible, do not bring a bag with you! Guests without bags will experience a much quicker entry into the stadium.
- Aerosol cans
- Animals (except services animals)
- Artificial noisemakers, including whistles or air horns of any kind
- Bags of any size will not be allowed (“cinch bags” that fit the size restriction will be allowed).
- Hard-sided coolers or containers of any size
- Illegal substances, drugs, or chemicals of any kind
- Inflated balls of any kind
- Laser pointers
- Metal, plastic, glass, or aluminum containers of any kind
- Outside food and beverage
- Poles of any kind (metal, plastic, or wooden)
- Professional cameras and equipment, including lenses in excess of eight (8) inches, tripods, and monopods
- Seat cushions larger than 16” by 16” or that contain armrests or metal backs
- Selfie sticks
- Smoke devices, flares, or fireworks of any kind
- Streamers and confetti