United at a Glance – April 2023
D.C. United turn the page to the month of April, where they will host two home matches opening with the Columbus Crew on Saturday, April 8, followed by a clash with Charlotte FC on Saturday, April 29. Here is a look ahead at the exciting news and events surrounding the club and Audi Field this month.
SATURDAY, APRIL 8 vs. COLUMBUS CREW (7:30 PM)
- Teacher Appreciation Night
D.C. United will host the first of three Teacher Appreciation Nights this season when the Columbus Crew visit Audi Field. The first 250 ticket purchasers will receive a D.C. United lanyard. At the match fans will have an opportunity to craft handwritten thank you letters and cards for local DMV teachers. For more information and tickets, visit www.dcunited.com.
- Pepsi Launch Night:
To celebrate the new partnership, D.C. United will be offering 50 percent off on all Pepsi beverage products at concession stands, including all fountain and bottled products, for the club’s home game against the Columbus Crew on Saturday, April 8 at Audi Field.
Inclusive of 20-ounce bottled Pepsi products and 32-ounce refillable Pepsi soft drink products. This offer cannot be combined with the existing Season Ticket Member concession discount.
MONDAY, APRIL 10 – WHITE HOUSE EASTER EGG ROLL
- D.C. United are proud to participate in the annual White House Easter Egg Roll again this year. Players and front office staff will lead soccer programming for youth and families focused on passing, dribbling, kicking, and shooting drills. For more information, click here.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 19 – UNITED WE SERVE
- United We Serve is D.C. United’s signature volunteer program where players, partners, front office staff and fans will unite to provide hands-on support for community-based projects and organizations. Ahead of the sustainability match on April 29th, volunteers will help prepare the City Blossoms Kelly Miller Youth Garden for the spring season by supporting with gardening, painting, and maintaining the garden space. For more information about United We Serve, visit www.dcunited.com.
- As part of MLS Greener Goals Week and National Volunteerism Week, D.C. United are proud to partner with City Blossoms, a local nonprofit that cultivates the well-being of our communities through creative programming in kid-driven gardens.
SATURDAY, APRIL 29 vs. CHARLOTTE FC (7:30 PM)
- Sustainability Match presented by Audi
D.C. United is teaming up with Audi and ForestPlanet to plant one tree for every fan in attendance on 4/29. These trees will contribute to reforestation projects around the world.
- Sports Industry Night
D.C. United will host high school and college students as D.C. United takes on Charlotte FC. Attendees will hear from the D.C. United front office and learn more about what it is like to work in sports. For more information and tickets, visit www.dcunited.com.
- Promotional Giveaway: 5,000 fans will walk away with a co-branded D.C. United + Audi drawstring backpack, made entirely from recycled materials.
SUNDAY, APRIL 16 – DC DEFENDERS vs. ARLINGTON RENEGADES (12:00 PM)
- The DC Defenders return to Audi Field for their final home game of the XFL regular season when they take on the Arlington Renegades. For tickets, click here.
SATURDAY, APRIL 22 – WASHINGTON SPIRIT VS. HOUSTON DASH (7:00 PM)
- Following their season-opening win at Audi Field, the Washington Spirit look to stay perfect in the District when they return to Audi Field to take on the Houston Dash. For tickets, click here.
SCAN & PAY
- Introducing the newest method of paying for concessions at D.C. United home games. After placing your order with a concession stand employee, let them know that you are going to pay with the D.C. United mobile app. The point-of-sale system will present a QR code for you to scan. App users will have access to discounts and promotions throughout the year. To learn more about amplifying your gameday experience, click here.
- Audi Field introduced new entry scanners for all events this season to speed up fan arrival. 52% of fans say it takes less than 2 minutes from the time they enter security, to being in the venue, with our aim at having the most frictionless fan experience possible. For more information, click here.
D.C. United are proud to welcome two new Platinum Partners to the Black-and-Red Family in Pepsi and MindPoint Group.
- The new official soft drink of D.C. United. Audi Field, the club’s downtown Washington, D.C. stadium, will now carry a wide array of Pepsi beverages and products for all events held at the stadium, including all D.C. United home matches. For more information, click here.
- MindPoint Group, a McLean, Virginia based cybersecurity consulting firm, joins on a multi-year partnership deal. For more information, click here.
D.C. UNITED IN THE COMMUNITY
- The D.C. United Foundation aims to provide youth in the DMV the tools necessary to soar on and off the pitch, while also seeking to level the playing field for communities by harnessing the power of sport. We prioritize serving populations that lack equitable access to important resources, educating and empowering the next generation and using our platform to lift people up and support their visions. To support the foundation and the community, click here to donate.
D.C. UNITED 50/50 RAFFLE FOR DC SCORES
- Available during all home D.C. United matches this season, the 50/50 Raffle offers fans the chance to win big and support DC SCORES, the official charitable partner of D.C. United! DC SCORES creates neighborhood soccer and arts teams to give kids the confidence and skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and in life.
- Online ticket sales open at noon on home match days and are available for purchase until the 70th minute mark. Tickets can be purchased online at the following price points: 10 for $10, 40 for $20, 100 for $40 and 300 for $100. For more information and to purchase raffle tickets online, visit dcunited.com.
WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOPS – HOUSE OF RUTH
- Every month, female identifying staff from D.C. United facilitate workshops focused on career readiness topics that educate and prepare the women at House of Ruth to enter and develop within the workforce. House of Ruth, empowers women, children, and families to rebuild their lives and heal from trauma, abuse, and homelessness.
- At Audi Field’s FanDuel Sportsbook, you can place bets on your favorite teams and have a winning experience with a full-service sportsbook. Located just inside Gate A on the north side of the stadium, FanDuel Sportsbook is open Sunday – Thursday (11 AM – 10 PM) and Friday – Saturday (11 AM – 11 PM). To learn more, click here.
D.C. UNITED CLUB SHOP
- The Club Shop is your destination for D.C. United merchandise at Audi Field. Located near Gate A, fans can access the Club Shop from inside the stadium behind the Heineken Rooftop bar on matchdays.
- Club Shop Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 AM - 4 PM)
- On matchdays, the club shop will be open from 11 AM - 4PM and then from 6 PM until the end of the match.
ABOUT D.C. UNITED
One of the founding clubs of Major League Soccer in 1996, D.C. United are among the most decorated teams in the United States with 13 domestic and international trophies.
D.C. United have called the District home for the past 27 seasons and play their home games at Audi Field in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest, Washington, D.C, which opened in 2018. In addition to D.C. United games, the 20,000-seat soccer-specific stadium hosts over 100 events year-round, including the District’s premier arts, culinary, and music festival, Unite the District Fest. Audi Field is also home to America’s number one sportsbook through a partnership with FanDuel Group.
The Black-and-Red have won the MLS Cup four times (1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004), the Supporters’ Shield four times (1997, 1999, 2006 and 2007) and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup three times (1996, 2008 and 2013).
For more information and club updates, please visit www.dcunited.com and find us on social media @dcunited.