D.C. United (2-3-0, 6 pts.) 1 vs. 0 Chicago Fire FC (0-2-3, 3 pts.)
2021 MLS Regular Season
May 13, 2021 – Audi Field – Washington, DC
- Edison Flores scored his first career goal for the Black-and-Red in the 7th minute.
- Moses Nyeman recorded his second career assist in the 7th minute.
- Adrien Perez recorded his first assist for the Black-and-Red in the 7th minute; it was his first career MLS assist.
- New signing Drew Skundrich made his Black-and-Red debut as a starter; he completed 75 minutes.
- Jon Kempin made his Black-and-Red debut; his first appearance since June 29, 2019 for Columbus Crew SC.
- Jon Kempin recorded his first clean sheet for the Black-and-Red; he made three saves in the match.
- Moses Nyeman made his third consecutive start for the Black-and-Red; he completed 90 minutes.
- Adrien Perez made his second consecutive start for the Black-and-Red; the first time he has started consecutive matches in his MLS career.
- Paul Arriola made his first appearance since Nov. 8, 2020 for the Black-and-Red as a 75th minute substitute.
- Kevin Paredes made the matchday roster for the first time since Nov. 1, 2020 against New England.
- Julian Gressel, Tony Alfaro, Edison Flores, Júnior Moreno, and Frédéric Brillant made their fifth consecutive starts.
- Andy Najar started his second consecutive MLS matches for the first time since Oct. 20 and Oct. 27, 2012.
- The Black-and-Red are 24-21-18 against Chicago Fire FC all-time.
- D.C. United are 17-9-6 against Chicago at home all-time.
- The Black-and-Red are 2-0-0 at Audi Field in 2021.
- D.C. United are 2-3-0 in the 2021 MLS Regular Season.
- The Black-and-Red recorded their first defensive clean sheet of the season.
Goals by Half
|1st Half||2nd Half||Final|
|Chicago Fire FC||0||0||0|
|7'||D.C. United||Edison Flores||Adrien Perez, Moses Nyeman|
|4'||D.C. United||Brendan Hines-Ike||Foul|
|19'||Chicago Fire FC||Wyatt Omsberg||Foul|
|47'||D.C. United||Julian Gressel||Time Wasting|
|52'||Chicago Fire||Przemyslaw Frankowski||Foul|
|64'||Chicago Fire||Fabian Herbers||Foul|
|Team||Shots||Shots on Goal||Corners||Offsides||Possession (%)||Saves|
|Chicago Fire FC||15||3||4||1||57.6%||3|
D.C. United lineup: Jon Kempin, Andy Najar, Tony Alfaro, Frédéric Brillant, Brendan Hines-Ike, Julian Gressel (Paul Arriola 75'), Júnior Moreno, Moses Nyeman, Edison Flores (Ola Kamara 89'), Adrien Perez (Yamil Asad 87') , Drew Skundrich (Felipe Martins 75')
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Kevin Paredes, Kimarni Smith
Manager: Hernán Losada
Chicago Fire FC Lineup: Bobby Shuttleworth, Boris Sekulic, Francisco Calvo, Miguel Navarro (Jonathan Bornstein 81'), Wyatt Omsberg (Fabian Herbers 60'), Mauricio Pineda, Alvaro Medran, Przemyslaw Frankowski, Gaston Giminez (Javier Casas HT), Brian Gutierrez (Elliot Collier 60') , Robert Beric (Nnamdi Chinonso Offor 78')
Unused Substitutes: Nicholas Slonina, Jhon Espinoza, Luka Stojanovic, Johan Kappelhof
Manager: Raphaël Wicky