NEW YORK (September 23, 2019) – With only two weeks remaining in the MLS regular season, urgency and star power will have heightened implications on the final seedings of the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs picture during the FS1 and FOX Deportes doubleheader this Sunday, Sept. 29. The second-to-last week of competition will feature intraconference matchups with every game in the Eastern Conference kicking off at 5 PM ET before all games in the Western Conference follow at 7:30 PM ET.
Beginning at 5 PM ET, home field advantage will be at stake when a pair of I-95 rivals will meet in a decisive Eastern Conference matchup between No. 4 D.C. United and No. 5 New York Red Bulls at Red Bull Arena.
Then at 7:30 PM ET, the action continues in the Western Conference with The MLS Golden Boot presented by Audi leader, Carlos Vela and the top-ranked Los Angeles Football Club on the road at No. 3 Minnesota United FC.
Eastern Conference: No. 5 New York Red Bulls vs. No. 4 D.C. United (5 PM ET)
- The winner of this matchup has an increased chance of hosting a home playoff game as one of the top four ranked teams in the Eastern Conference.
- Leading the Red Bulls is midfielder Danielle Royer, with 11 goals and eight assists compared to Rooney’s 11 goals and seven assists.
Western Conference: No. 3 MNUFC vs. No. 1 LAFC (7:30 PM)
- LAFC remain one win away from securing the Supporters’ Shield for the best record in MLS this regular season.
- Carlos Vela – with 29 goals in 28 games – has a narrow, two-goal lead in a very close race for the MLS Golden Boot presented by Audi.
- Minnesota United could clinch a spot in the Audi 2019 MLS Cup Playoffs and are looking to remain in position to host a home playoff game.
The MLS regular season comes to an exciting close on Decision Day presented by AT&T on Sunday, Oct. 6, when all 24 teams are in action during 12 simultaneous games. Broadcast details for Decision Day presented by AT&T will be announced at a later date.