D.C. United 2 (8-5-8, 32 points) vs. New England Revolution 2 (6-8-6, 24 points)
2019 MLS Regular Season
July 12, 2019- Audi Field, Washington, D.C.
- Steven Birnbaum made his 150th regular season appearance for D.C. United; his 55th consecutive start.
- Paul Arriola returned to the starting lineup for the first time since the 1-1 draw against San Jose on June 1. He was representing the USMNT at the Gold Cup.
- Luciano Acosta was unavailable due to suspension from the red card he received against FC Dallas on July 4.
- Donovan Pines returned to the starting lineup for the first time since the 3-1 victory over Columbus Crew on May 4.
- Leonardo Jara scored his first goal for the Black-and-Red in the 43rd minute off an assist from Paul Arriola.
- Quincy Amarikwa scored his first MLS goal for D.C. United in the 87th minute off an assist from Wayne Rooney.
- The Black-and-Red are now 34-27-14 in club history against New England.
- D.C. United are 0-0-2 this season against the Revolution this season.
- D.C. United are now 5-2-5 at Audi Field this season.
- The Black-and-Red are in second place in the Eastern Conference.
- D.C. United are undefeated in their last seven MLS matches at Audi Field.
Goals by Half
|1st Half||2nd Half||Total|
|New England Revolution||2||0||2|
|4'||New England Revolution||Teal Bunbury||Juan Fernando Caicedo, Jalil Anibaba|
|32'||New England Revolution||Carles Gil||N/A|
|43'||D.C. United||Leonardo Jara||Paul Arriola|
|86'||D.C. United||Quincy Amarikwa||Wayne Rooney|
|23'||New England Revolution||Juan Fernando Caicedo||Unsporting Behavior|
|37'||D.C. United||Leonardo Jara||Dissent|
|40'||D.C. United||Paul Arriola||Unsporting Behavior|
|49'||New England Revolution||Wilfried Zahibo||Unsporting Behavior|
|63'||New England Revolution||Wilfried Zahibo||Unsporting Behavior|
|67'||D.C. United||Steven Birnbaum||Dissent|
|81'||New England Revolution||Luis Caicedo||Unsporting Behavior|
|83'||New England Revolution||Matt Turner||Time Wasting|
|Team||Shots||Shots on Goal||Corners||Offsides||Possession (%)||Saves|
|New England Revolution||12||5||2||1||35||1|
D.C. United’s lineup: Bill Hamid; Leonardo Jara, Donovan Pines, Steven Birnbaum, Frederic Brillant Ulises Segura, 77'), Joseph Mora (Quincy Amarikwa, 82'); Paul Arriola, Junior Moreno, Russell Canouse, Lucas Rodriguez; Wayne Rooney
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Griffin Yow, Chris Durkin, Jalen Robinson, Marquinhos Pedroso
Manager: Ben Olsen
New England Revolution’s Lineup: Matt Turner; Brandon Bye, Andrew Farrell, Edgar Castillo, Jalil Anibaba; Luis Caicedo, Teal Bunbury, Wilfried Zahibo, Juan Agudelo (Scott Caldwell, 76') , Carles Gil ( Diego Fagundez, 90+1'), Juan Fernando Caicedo (DeJaun Jones, 61')
Unused Substitutes: Cristian Penilla, Tajon Buchanan, Brad Knighton, Justin Rennicks
Manager: Bruce Arena
Referee: Ted Unkel
Assistant Referees: Phillipe Briere, Brian Poeschel
Fourth Official: Lorant Varga
VAR: Sorin Stoica