D.C. United and Leidos, now in their fourth year of a partnership centered around the two organization’s commitment to community engagement, are presenting the fourth annual Armed Forces Week, held September 18-23 at locations throughout the National Capital Region. The series of events will honor the proud men, women and families of the U.S. Armed Forces for their dedication and service to the country and will culminate in Armed Forces Night on Sept. 23 when United host the San Jose Earthquakes at RFK Stadium at 7 PM.
A full run down of the week’s events are below:
Monday, September 18
- United players to lead a soccer clinic with over 100 children of Armed Forces members at Fort Meade. All participants to receive tickets to the match on Sept. 23.
Tuesday, September 19
- United and Leidos employees to pack supplies for troops, coordinated with USO-Metro.
Wednesday, September 20
- 9:00 am - United players and staff to greet Honor Flight of World War II veterans at DCA National Airport. The group will visit the WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial and the Changing of the Guard at Arlington National Cemetery.
- United players and staff will take a special behind-the-scenes tour of the Pentagon.
Thursday, September 21
- United players to visit USO Warrior and Family Center in Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
Friday, September 22
- United players and staff and Leidos staff assemble and package TAPS anniversary cards at Leidos headquarters.
Saturday, September 23 – D.C. United v. San Jose Earthquakes, 7:00 PM
- Match ball to be delivered by E Team Skydivers.
- United to wear camouflage T-Shirts during pre-game warm ups.
- Military vehicles to be present in Lot 8 Tailgate.
- U.S. Army band “Pershing’s Own” performing in Tailgate.
- Air Force enlistment ceremony to occur on field prior to kick off.
- Armed Forces members to receive discounted and donated tickets for the match.
- National Anthem performance by Master Sergeant Antonio Giuliano.