United at a Glance – November 2023
D.C. United enter the offseason following a 2023 Major League Soccer (MLS) campaign in which the club improved on their previous season’s point tally, but again narrowly fell short of the playoffs. The year however was still transformative for the Black-and-Red as the club deepened their roots in the community, set record numbers in jersey sales for the 2023 Cherry Blossom Kit, achieved a new attendance record at Audi Field, hosted the 2023 MLS All-Star Game against European Powerhouse Arsenal FC, and so much more.
As the season has come to a close, the club have shifted their focus to further enriching the community around the holiday season. Here is a look ahead at the exciting news and events surrounding the club and Audi Field this month.
MLS 22 UNDER 22 – TED KU-DIPIETRO
SATURDAY, NOV. 4 – D.C. UNITED EQUIPMENT SALE
- D.C. United will host a merchandise sale at Audi Field where fans can purchase discounted team-issued gear, player worn or signed items, and limited-edition theme night items with proceeds benefiting the D.C. United Foundation. For more information and tickets, click here.
- The D.C. United Academy team will be playing a game at Audi Field following the sale and attendees are welcomed to watch the next generation of Black-and-Red stars.
D.C. UNITED CONCLUDE 2023 SEASON
- D.C. United finished the 2023 MLS season with a record of 10-10-14 (40 points). Following the season, Head Coach Wayne Rooney and the club mutually agreed to part ways. Assistant coaches Pete Shuttleworth, Carl Robinson, and Diego Restrepo also departed the club. The club will now shift their focus to hiring a new General Manager and Head Coach ahead of the 2024 season.
- D.C. United forward Christian Benteke was selected as a finalist for the AT&T 5G 2023 MLS Goal of the Year for his bicycle kick against Charlotte FC on April 29, 2023. To vote for Benteke’s goal, click here.
2023 PAN AMERICAN GAMES
- The 2023 Pan American Games are under way in Santiago, Chile and three D.C. United players are representing their respective countries in the under-23 soccer competition. Ted Ku-Dipietro and Jackson Hopkins are representing the United States, while loanee Gabriel Pirani is suiting up for Brazil. Cheer on your Black-and-Red stars as the games run through Sunday, Nov. 5. The United States will face Chile in a semifinal match at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 1, while Brazil will take on Mexico at 7 p.m. The winners of each match will face off in the Gold Medal Match.
D.C. UNITED IN THE COMMUNITY
D.C. UNITED FOUNDATION TOY DRIVE – NOV. 1 – DEC.15
- Now through the holiday season, the D.C. United Foundation will be shopping and collecting toys for children in the DMV. Fans can drop off gifts at any Aslin Brewery location until Dec. 15 to benefit those in need during the holiday season.
WEDNESDAY, NOV. 8 – RAISE A TOAST PRESENTED BY MOET HENNESSY
- To celebrate D.C. United’s history of excellence, a pioneering spirit, self-expression and impact, the team will honor influential local leaders who demonstrate a commitment to promoting service and justice to the community with the Raise a Toast Award. This award recognizes and celebrates our local heroes that have made a difference and positively impacted the DMV.
- Throughout the year, and in partnership with Moet Hennessey, Raise a Toast honorees will be recognized at an exclusive and intimate recognition dinner for their exceptional commitment and a donation of $1,000 will be made to a nonprofit of their choosing. For the final Raise a Toast of 2023, D.C. United will recognize Corwin ‘Corey’ Knight, Rebecca Singhavong, Josephine Mazyck, Trap Bob, Le’Greg Harrison, and Seteria Hollinshed. For more information about Raise a Toast, click here.
D.C. UNITED FOUNDATION
- The D.C. United Foundation aims to provide youth in the DMV with the tools necessary to soar on and off the pitch, while also seeking to level the playing field for communities by harnessing the power of sport. We prioritize serving populations that lack equitable access to important resources, educating and empowering the next generation and using our platform to lift people up and support their visions. To support the foundation and the community, click here to donate.
WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOPS – HOUSE OF RUTH
- Every month, D.C. United female identifying staff and community partners lead workshops focused on career readiness topics that educate and prepare the women at House of Ruth to enter and develop within the workforce. House of Ruth, empowers women, children, and families to rebuild their lives and heal from trauma, abuse, and homelessness.
- At Audi Field’s FanDuel Sportsbook, you can place bets on your favorite teams and have a winning experience with a full-service sportsbook. Located just inside Gate A on the north side of the stadium, FanDuel Sportsbook is open Monday – Sunday (10 AM – Midnight). To learn more, click here.
D.C. UNITED CLUB SHOP
- The Club Shop is your destination for D.C. United merchandise at Audi Field. Located near Gate A, fans can access the Club Shop from inside the stadium behind the Heineken Rooftop bar on matchdays. The D.C. United Club Shop will be closed during the offseason; however, you can shop online here.
ABOUT D.C. UNITED
One of the founding clubs of Major League Soccer in 1996, D.C. United are among the most decorated teams in the United States with 13 domestic and international trophies.
D.C. United have called the District home for the past 27 seasons and play their home games at Audi Field in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest, Washington, D.C, which opened in 2018. In addition to D.C. United games, the 20,000-seat soccer-specific stadium hosts over 100 events year-round, including the District’s premier arts, culinary, and music festival, Unite the District Fest. Audi Field is also home to America’s number one sportsbook through a partnership with FanDuel Group.
The Black-and-Red have won the MLS Cup four times (1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004), the Supporters’ Shield four times (1997, 1999, 2006 and 2007) and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup three times (1996, 2008 and 2013). For more information and club updates, please sign up for our newsletter and find us on social media @dcunited.