United at a Glance – May 2023
D.C. United turn the page to the month of May, where they will host three home matches against Nashville SC, LA Galaxy, and CF Montréal. Here is a look ahead at the exciting news and events surrounding the club and Audi Field this month.
SATURDAY, MAY 6 - DC MILES FOR MELANOMA (8:00 AM)
- Join the D.C. United and Loudoun United FC community and staff at Yards Park for the DC Miles for Melanoma 5k, a walk/run to raise awareness and funds to fight again Melanoma, the deadlines and fastest-growing form of skin cancer. The Melanoma Research Foundation is committed to finding effective treatments and eventually a cure. To join our team, captained by Loudoun United FC Coach Ryan Martin and wife, Zoe, click here.
SATURDAY, MAY 13 – D.C. United vs. NASHVILLE SC (7:30 PM)
Wayne Rooney Night
Teacher Appreciation Night
- D.C. United will host the second of three Teacher Appreciation Nights this season at Audi Field. The first 250 ticket purchasers will receive a D.C. United lanyard. At the match fans will have an opportunity to craft handwritten thank you letters and cards for local DMV teachers. For more information and tickets, visit www.dcunited.com.
Georgetown University Night
- Join us for our Georgetown University Night with your fellow Hoyas! The first 250 ticket purchasers will receive a co-branded Georgetown University and D.C. United item. For more information and tickets, click here.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 17 YOGA AT THE PITCH (6:00 PM)
- Looking to unwind at the end of the day? Season Ticket Members are invited to join us at Audi Field for Yoga at the Pitch to get your bodies moving ahead of the match that evening. Light refreshments will be provided.
SATURDAY, MAY 20 – D.C. United vs. LA GALAXY (7:30 PM)
Military Appreciation Night
- D.C. United are proud to host our annual Military Appreciation Night to honor the many individuals that have served our country! D.C. United will also honor and celebrate local men and women of the U.S. Armed Forces throughout the month. For more information and tickets, click here.
WEDNESDAY, MAY 31 – D.C. United vs. CF MONTREAL (7:30 PM)
DC SCORES Night
- D.C. United and DC SCORES are excited to partner for our Annual DC SCORES Kids Day at Audi Field! Help us reach our goal of getting every DC SCORES Poet-Athlete to the match. To learn more and to donate, click here.
Pups at the Pitch
- Bring your pups to Audi Field for a game! Those who purchase a special Pup at the Pitch ticket will receive a Doggie Bag with goodies from Happy Hoodies, Greenies, Pets for Vets, waste bags from Doody Calls and more. Stay tuned for more information on how to buy tickets!
Federal Employee Night
- D.C. United will host federal employees as the club takes on CF Montreal. The first 250 purchasers will receive a D.C. United lanyard. For more information and tickets, visit www.dcunited.com.
SATURDAY, MAY 6 – WASHINGTON SPIRIT vs. SAN DIEGO WAVE FC (1:00 PM)
WEDNESDAY, MAY 10 – WASHINGTON SPIRIT VS. ORLANDO PRIDE (7:30 PM)
THURSDAY, MAY 18 - MOVIES ON THE PITCH
DC League of Super-Pets
- On May 18, Capitol Riverfront brings back its free monthly movies at Audi Field with a screening of DC League of Super-Pets. Come enjoy yourself with friends and family on the field! For more information, click here.
SUNDAY, MAY 28 – WASHINGTON SPIRIT VS. NJ/NY GOTHAM FC (5:00 PM)
SCAN & PAY
- Introducing the newest method of paying for concessions at D.C. United home games. After placing your order with a concession stand employee, let them know that you are going to pay with the D.C. United mobile app. The point-of-sale system will present a QR code for you to scan. App users will have access to discounts and promotions throughout the year. To learn more about amplifying your gameday experience, click here.
- Audi Field introduced new entry scanners for all events this season to speed up fan arrival. 52% of fans say it takes less than 2 minutes from the time they enter security, to being in the venue, with our aim at having the most frictionless fan experience possible. For more information, click here.
D.C. United are proud to welcome four new partners to the Black-and-Red Family in Inova, Pepco, Aslin Beer Co., and True Made Food.
- Inova has expanded their partnership to include naming rights of D.C. United’s training facility and performance center in Leesburg, Va. The state-of-the-art training facility will be known as the Inova Performance Complex. For more information, click here.
- Pepco has long been active in the community it serves, and this commitment will only be emphasized with D.C. United and its community partner in action, DC Scores. Pepco will have the opportunity to volunteer and support various D.C. United initiatives, including the sponsorship of soccer, arts, and STEM programming for a local DC metro school. For more information, click here.
Aslin Beer Co.
- Aslin Beer Co., a local Alexandria brewery that aims to create a culture and community that celebrates and redefines quality beer, will have a variety of canned and on-draft offerings at various concession locations at Audi Field for 2023. For more information, click here.
True Made Foods
- True Made Foods, a condiments company focused on revolutionizing sauces through healthier, natural ingredients and less sugar, will be featured in all concession areas, suites and Eagle Bank Club for a three-year partnership with activation nights and customized concession areas. For more information, click here.
D.C. UNITED IN THE COMMUNITY
- The D.C. United Foundation aims to provide youth in the DMV the tools necessary to soar on and off the pitch, while also seeking to level the playing field for communities by harnessing the power of sport. We prioritize serving populations that lack equitable access to important resources, educating and empowering the next generation and using our platform to lift people up and support their visions. To support the foundation and the community, click here to donate.
D.C. UNITED 50/50 RAFFLE FOR DC SCORES
- Available during all home D.C. United matches this season, the 50/50 Raffle offers fans the chance to win big and support DC SCORES, the official charitable partner of D.C. United! DC SCORES creates neighborhood soccer and arts teams to give kids the confidence and skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and in life.
- Online ticket sales open at noon on home match days and are available for purchase until the 70th minute mark. Tickets can be purchased online at the following price points: 10 for $10, 40 for $20, 100 for $40 and 300 for $100. For more information and to purchase raffle tickets online, visit dcunited.com.
WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOPS – HOUSE OF RUTH
- Every month, D.C. United female identifying staff and community partners lead workshops focused on career readiness topics that educate and prepare the women at House of Ruth to enter and develop within the workforce. House of Ruth, empowers women, children, and families to rebuild their lives and heal from trauma, abuse, and homelessness.
- At Audi Field’s FanDuel Sportsbook, you can place bets on your favorite teams and have a winning experience with a full-service sportsbook. Located just inside Gate A on the north side of the stadium, FanDuel Sportsbook is open Sunday – Thursday (11 AM – 10 PM) and Friday – Saturday (11 AM – 11 PM). To learn more, click here.
D.C. UNITED CLUB SHOP
- The Club Shop is your destination for D.C. United merchandise at Audi Field. Located near Gate A, fans can access the Club Shop from inside the stadium behind the Heineken Rooftop bar on matchdays.
- Club Shop Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 AM - 4 PM)
- On matchdays, the club shop will be open from 11 AM - 4PM and then from 6 PM until the end of the match.
- You can round up your total to the nearest dollar at the DCU Club Shop to be donated to the DCU Foundation.
ABOUT D.C. UNITED
One of the founding clubs of Major League Soccer in 1996, D.C. United are among the most decorated teams in the United States with 13 domestic and international trophies.
D.C. United have called the District home for the past 27 seasons and play their home games at Audi Field in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest, Washington, D.C, which opened in 2018. In addition to D.C. United games, the 20,000-seat soccer-specific stadium hosts over 100 events year-round, including the District’s premier arts, culinary, and music festival, Unite the District Fest. Audi Field is also home to America’s number one sportsbook through a partnership with FanDuel Group.
The Black-and-Red have won the MLS Cup four times (1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004), the Supporters’ Shield four times (1997, 1999, 2006 and 2007) and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup three times (1996, 2008 and 2013).
For more information and club updates, please sign up for our newsletter and find us on social media @dcunited.