United at a Glance – July 2023
D.C. United look ahead to what will be a monumental month for the club, highlighted by the hosting of MLS All-Star Week and European powerhouse Arsenal FC on July 19. Prior to Christian Benteke and Tyler Miller representing D.C. United in the All-Star Game, the club will host a week full of events, including the All-Star Skills Challenge, Soccer Celebration, All-Star Concert, and more.
D.C. United will also welcome Lionel Messi’s new team, Inter Miami CF, for the club’s only home MLS match in July. The final match of the month for the Black-and-Red is the club's first-ever home match in the Leagues Cup, a new competition featuring MLS and Liga MX clubs. Here is a look ahead at the exciting news and events surrounding the club and Audi Field this month.
SATURDAY, JULY 8 – D.C. UNITED vs. INTER MIAMI CF (7:30 PM)
- The Black-and-Red host Inter Miami CF, the new club of Lionel Messi, for their lone MLS home match of the month. For more information and tickets, click here.
SATURDAY, JULY 29 – D.C. UNITED vs. PUMAS UNAM (8:30 PM)
- 2023 Leagues Cup – Group Stage
- In a monumental new chapter for North American soccer, all 47 MLS and LIGA MX will pause their respective league seasons this summer and all 47 first division clubs in Canada, Mexico, and the United States will compete in the World Cup-style tournament sanctioned by Concacaf. For a full Leagues Cup breakdown, click here.
- The club hosts its first home Leagues Cup match of the season against Pumas UNAM. For more information and tickets, click here.
2023 MLS ALL-STAR WEEK
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, JULY 15-16 – MLS SOCCER CELEBRATION (4:30 PM – 9:30 PM)
- Soccer Celebration presented by Coca-Cola Zero Sugar is the ultimate fan experience taking place in the lead-up to the MLS All-Star Game. Coca-Cola Zero Sugar will host Beats, Cleats, and Eats. The event features special guest appearances by MLS players, musical activations and performances, culinary offerings, a watch party experience for MLS matches, and the opportunity to sample Coca-Cola refreshments. There will be special programming tied to Coca-Cola’s partnership with Boys and Girls Club of Greater Washington that will feature a limited-edition design drop that you don’t want to miss.
SUNDAY, JULY 16 - MLS WORKS ALL-STAR DAY OF SERVICE & EMLS ALL-STAR CHALLENGE
- MLS WORKS All-Star Day of Service
- MLS and various partners are joining forces to positively impact the D.C. community as part of All-Star Week festivities. On Sunday, July 16, fans and All-Star guests will have an opportunity to work side by side in partnership with U.S. Hunger to pack 100,000 healthy meals for local children and families in need. After volunteering, participants will enjoy a family-friendly celebration with food, music, entertainment, games, and more. More details will be shared at a later date, including the opportunity to register to volunteer.
- eMLS All-Star Challenge presented by Coca-Cola Zero Sugar (3:00 PM – 7:00 PM)
- eMLS professional players will team with influencers from the gaming community, MLS players, and amateur gamers for a dynamic, fun, and entertaining two-versus-two-competition for the fourth eMLS All-Star Challenge presented by Coca-Cola Zero Sugar.
MONDAY, JULY 17 - MLS ALL-STAR CONCERT FEATURING KEHLANI w/ SPECIAL GUEST DJ Pee. Wee (6:00 PM)
- Two-time GRAMMY-nominated R&B star Kehlani will headline the MLS All-Star Concert with special guest DJ Pee Wee on Monday, July 17 in Washington, D.C. at The Anthem.
- Tickets are $25 and will benefit DC Central Kitchen (DCCK), whose mission is to use food as a tool to strengthen bodies, empower minds, and build communities.
TUESDAY, JULY 18 – MLS ALL-STAR SKILLS CHALLENGE (7:30 PM)
- The MLS All-Star Skills Challenge presented by AT&T 5G returns as the best in MLS take on Arsenal FC in the annual skills competition. Watch the best of MLS, including D.C. United’s Christian Benteke and Tyler Miller, and Arsenal’s Martin Ødegaard, Kai Havertz, Folarin Balogun, and more compete in five skill challenges. Fans can watch on MLS Season Pass on Apple TV and can purchase tickets here.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19 – MLS NEXT ALL-STAR GAME & SPECIAL OLYMPICS UNIFIED SPORTS® ALL-STAR GAME
- MLS NEXT All-Star Game presented by Allstate (10:30 AM)
- MLS NEXT and Allstate will provide more than 40 of the best young players in North America with a once-in-a-lifetime player experience during MLS All-Star Week by being selected for the MLS NEXT All-Star Game. 44 of the top MLS NEXT players, 22 per team, will showcase their talent on a national stage by competing in an East vs. West game at the Naval Academy’s Glenn Warner Soccer Facility in Annapolis, Md. The match will be streamed live. Further tune-in details will be available at a later date. The event is free and open to the public.
- Special Olympics Unified Sports® All-Star Game Presented by MLS WORKS & Coca-Cola Zero Sugar (3:00 PM)
- Furthering our shared commitment to social inclusion, MLS, Special Olympics, and Coca-Cola Zero Sugar will host the 8th annual Special Olympics Unified Sports® All-Star Game at the Naval Academy’s Glenn Warner Soccer Facility in Annapolis, MD. The Unified Sports East and West All-Star soccer teams are comprised of individuals with intellectual disabilities (Special Olympic athletes) and without intellectual disabilities (Unified partners). The Unified All-Stars will play in an 11 v. 11 competitive match coached by MLS Greats and will be outfitted in custom kits provided by adidas. The event is free and open to the public. The East and West Unified All-Star teams will also be recognized on-field during the MLS All-Star Game.
WEDNESDAY, JULY 19 – MLS ALL-STAR GAME (8:00 PM)
- The stars align in Washington, D.C. as the MLS best take on Arsenal at Audi Field. Fans can watch on MLS Season Pass Apple TV.
TUESDAY, JULY 11 – TRUTH AND SERVICE CLASSIC ON SALE DATE
- The Battle for the Real HU returns to Audi Field for the third annual Truth and Service Classic college football game between Howard University and Hampton University on Sept. 16. Get your tickets to this storied rivalry!
- To sign up for priority ticket interest, click here!
FRIDAY, JULY 28 – WASHINGTON SPIRIT VS. GOTHAM FC (7:00 PM)
- For information and tickets, click here.
SCAN & PAY
- Introducing the newest method of paying for concessions at D.C. United home games. After placing your order with a concession stand employee, let them know that you are going to pay with the D.C. United mobile app. The point-of-sale system will present a QR code for you to scan. App users will have access to discounts and promotions throughout the year. To learn more about amplifying your gameday experience, click here.
- Audi Field introduced new entry scanners for all events this season to speed up fan arrival. 52% of fans say it takes less than 2 minutes from the time they enter security, to being in the venue, with our aim at having the most frictionless fan experience possible. For more information, click here.
D.C. United are proud to welcome a new partner to the Black-and-Red Family in P&G.
- P&G will receive prominent branding throughout Audi Field, the club’s downtown Washington, D.C. stadium, premium client appreciation benefits at D.C. United home matches, and exposure and inclusion across the club’s social and digital media channels. For more information, click here.
D.C. UNITED IN THE COMMUNITY
- The D.C. United Foundation aims to provide youth in the DMV the tools necessary to soar on and off the pitch, while also seeking to level the playing field for communities by harnessing the power of sport. We prioritize serving populations that lack equitable access to important resources, educating and empowering the next generation and using our platform to lift people up and support their visions. To support the foundation and the community, click here to donate.
D.C. UNITED 50/50 RAFFLE FOR DC SCORES
- Available during all home D.C. United matches this season, the 50/50 Raffle offers fans the chance to win big and support DC SCORES, the official charitable partner of D.C. United! DC SCORES creates neighborhood soccer and arts teams to give kids the confidence and skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and in life.
- Online ticket sales open at noon on home match days and are available for purchase until the 70th minute mark. Tickets can be purchased online at the following price points: 10 for $10, 40 for $20, 100 for $40 and 300 for $100. For more information and to purchase raffle tickets online, visit dcunited.com.
WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOPS – HOUSE OF RUTH
- Every month, D.C. United female identifying staff and community partners lead workshops focused on career readiness topics that educate and prepare the women at House of Ruth to enter and develop within the workforce. House of Ruth, empowers women, children, and families to rebuild their lives and heal from trauma, abuse, and homelessness.
- At Audi Field’s FanDuel Sportsbook, you can place bets on your favorite teams and have a winning experience with a full-service sportsbook. Located just inside Gate A on the north side of the stadium, FanDuel Sportsbook is open Sunday – Thursday (11 AM – 10 PM) and Friday – Saturday (11 AM – 11 PM). To learn more, click here.
D.C. UNITED CLUB SHOP
- The Club Shop is your destination for D.C. United merchandise at Audi Field. Located near Gate A, fans can access the Club Shop from inside the stadium behind the Heineken Rooftop bar on matchdays.
- Club Shop Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (11 AM – 6 PM)
- On matchdays, the club shop will be open from 11 AM - 4PM and then from 6 PM until the end of the match.
- You can round up your total to the nearest dollar at the DCU Club Shop to be donated to the DCU Foundation.
- Shop online here.
ABOUT D.C. UNITED
One of the founding clubs of Major League Soccer in 1996, D.C. United are among the most decorated teams in the United States with 13 domestic and international trophies.
D.C. United have called the District home for the past 27 seasons and play their home games at Audi Field in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest, Washington, D.C, which opened in 2018. In addition to D.C. United games, the 20,000-seat soccer-specific stadium hosts over 100 events year-round, including the District’s premier arts, culinary, and music festival, Unite the District Fest. Audi Field is also home to America’s number one sportsbook through a partnership with FanDuel Group.
The Black-and-Red have won the MLS Cup four times (1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004), the Supporters’ Shield four times (1997, 1999, 2006 and 2007) and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup three times (1996, 2008 and 2013). For more information and club updates, please sign up for our newsletter and find us on social media @dcunited.