D.C. United 1 (7-3-2, 23 points) v. Sporting KC 0 (2-4-4, 10 points)
2019 MLS Regular Season
May 12, 2019 - Audi Field, Washington, DC
- Wayne Rooney collected his fourth assist of the season on Arriola's goal.
- Paul Arriola scored in his second consecutive game in the 78th minute off an assist from Wayne Rooney. He now has three goals on the season.
- Bill Hamid recorded his 60th career clean sheet and sixth for the season; he is 11th all-time in shutouts in MLS.
- Marquinhos Pedroso made his debut for the Black-and-Red, starting and playing 90 minutes at left back.
- The Black-and-Red are now 22-21-11 all time against Sporting Kansas City
- This was the first matchup between the two sides at Audi Field
- The Black-and-Red now have a 4-2-1 record this season at Audi Field
- D.C. United are tied for first place of the Eastern Conference with a 7-3-2 record
Goals by Half
|1st Half||2nd Half||Total|
|78'||D.C. United||Paul Arriola||Wayne Rooney|
|11'||Sporting KC||Dániel Sallói||Unsporting Behavior|
|45'||D.C. United||Frédéric Brillant||Unsporting Behavior|
|Team||Shots||Shots on Goal||Corners||Offsides||Possession (%)||Saves|
D.C. United Lineup:
Bill Hamid; Marquinhos Pedroso, Steven Birnbaum, Frédéric Brillant, Leonardo Jara; Júnior Moreno, Russell Canouse; Lucas Rodríguez (Ulises Segura, 75'), Luciano Acosta, Paul Arriola (Chris Durkin, 90'+2'); Wayne Rooney
Unused Substitutes: Chris Seitz, Jalen Robinson, Zoltan Stieber, Chris McCann, Quincy Amarikwa,
Sporting KC Lineup: Tim Melia; Nicolas Hasler, Botond Baráth, Graham Smith, Seth Sinovic; Benny Feilhaber, Ilie Sánchez, Felipe Gutiérrez (Kelyn Rowe, 84'); Johnny Russell, Kristián Németh, Dániel Sallói (Yohan Croizet, 65')
Unused Substitutes: Erik Dick; Gedion Zelalem,
REF: Alan Kelly
AR1: Matthew Nelson
AR2: Nick Uranga
4TH: Fotis Bazakos
VAR: Jose Carlos Rivero
AVAR: Eric Weisbrod