Colorado Rapids 2 (0-5-2, 2 points) v. D.C. United 3 (4-1-2, 14 points)
2019 MLS Regular Season
April 13, 2019 - Dick's Sporting Goods Park, Commerce City, CO
- D.C. United made five changes to the lineup that started in the 0-0 draw against Montreal on April 9 (Wayne Rooney, Lucas Rodríguez, Chris Durkin, Donovan Pines, Jalen Robinson)
- Donovan Pines made his MLS debut for the Black-and-Red; he recorded his first assist in the 35th minute.
- Steven Birnbaum recorded his first assist of 2019 in the 35th minute.
- Luciano Acosta scored his second goal of 2019 with a 35th minute equalizer.
- Lucas Rodríguez scored his second goal of 2019 in the 43rd minute; he also recorded his second assist of 2019 in the 38th minute.
- Chris Durkin scored his first career MLS goal in the 38th minute.
- Chris Durkin and Jalen Robinson made their first starts of 2019.
- Wayne Rooney returned to the starting XI after serving a one-game suspension for a red card against LAFC on April 6.
- D.C. United started four Homegrowns (Bill Hamid, Chris Durkin, Donovan Pines Jalen Robinson).
- United are 21-13-10 against Colorado all time.
- The Black-and-Red are 8-10-4 against the Rapids on the road.
- The Black-and-Red recorded back-to-back road wins for the first time since 2017; a 3-1 win against Atlanta on April 30 and a 1-0 win against Vancouver on May 27.
- Wayne Rooney and former teammate Tim Howard played their last MLS Regular Season matchup; Howard will retire at the conclusion of the 2019 season.
- D.C. United scored three goals on the road for the first time since the 4-4 draw against Toronto on June 13, 2018.
Goals by Half
|1st Half||2nd Half||Total|
|12'||Colorado Rapids||Benny Feilhaber||Tommy Smith, Jack Price|
|35'||D.C. United||Luciano Acosta||Donovan Pines, Steven Birnbaum|
|38'||D.C. United||Chris Durkin||Lucas Rodríguez|
|43'||D.C. United||Lucas Rodríguez|
|66'||Colorado Rapids||Kei Kamara||Benny Feilhaber, Nicolas Mezquida|
|37'||Colorado Rapids||Jack Price||Unsporting Behavior|
|49'||Colorado Rapids||Kei Kamara||Dissent|
|76'||D.C. United||Steven Birnbaum||Time Wasting|
|82'||Colorado Rapids||Kellyn Acosta||Unsporting Behavior|
|Team||Shots||Shots on Goal||Corners||Offsides||Possession (%)||Saves|
D.C. United Lineup:
Bill Hamid; Steven Birnbaum, Donovan Pines, Jalen Robinson (Frédéric Brillant 71'); Chris Durkin, Júnior Moreno; Ulises Segura (Russell Canouse 73') , Luciano Acosta (Quincy Amarikwa 90'+3'), Paul Arriola; Lucas Rodríguez, Wayne Rooney
Unused Substitutes: Akeem Ward, Griffin Yow, Chris Seitz, Zoltán Stieber
Colorado Rapids Lineup:
Tim Howard, Sam Vines, Tommy Smith, Kofi Opare, Keegan Rosenberry, Kellyn Acosta, Cole Bassett (Andre Shinyashiki 67'), Jack Price (Nicolas Mezquida 57'), Benny Feilhaber, Kei Kamara, Diego Rubio
Unused Substitutes: Clint Irwin, Sebastian Anderson, Dillon Serna, Axel Sjoberg, Deklan Wynne
Referee: Chris Penso
Assistant Referees: Mike Rottersman, Chris Elliott
Fourth Official: Ramy Touchan