D.C. United will celebrate Hispanic Heritage Month with a “Noche Latina” night on Saturday, October 13 at Audi Field when the Black-and-Red take on FC Dallas at 5 PM. Aimed at celebrating the growing diversity found in the D.C. metropolitan region, Noche Latina will include an array of special pregame and in-stadium festivities and activities of Latino cultures.
Pregame - Fan Plaza
- Live music: Head to Audi Field early to enjoy live music in the Fan Plaza from Salvadoran band La Banda Pulgarcito USA.
- Flag procession: Prior to kickoff, Audi Field will feature a flag procession with flags representing the countries of every Latino player on the Black-and-Red's roster.
- National Anthem: Special guest and former La Voz Kids contestant Samantha Rios will perform the National Anthem.
- PA announcements: There will be a guest PA announcer to introduce players in Spanish and provide Spanish language announcements throughout the night.
- Student recognition: Ten students from Annandale High School, who recently took part in a Rompe Las Barreras Hispanic Heritage Month shadow program sponsored by MLS and Southern New Hampshire University, will be recognized on-field before the match.
- Concessions: Fans are encouraged to visit the concession stands at Audi Field to taste its traditional Hispanic food offerings, including Salvadoran pupusas, Mexican tacos and elotes, and Venezuelan arepas.
- Club menus: Audi Field concessionaire Levy will provide a Latin-themed menu for fans in the EagleBank and Heineken Club areas.
- Music: A Latin-themed musical playlist will play throughout the match.
Hispanic Heritage D.C. United t-shirt
- In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, the D.C. United Club Shop will feature two Hispanic heritage themed t-shirts. The t-shirts are on sale now, while supplies last.