D.C. United and Leidos, now in their fifth year of a partnership centered around the two organization’s commitment to community engagement, are presenting the fifth annual Armed Forces Week, held September 10-15 at locations throughout the National Capital Region. The series of events will honor the proud men, women and families of the U.S. Armed Forces for their dedication and service to the country and will include Armed Forces Night on Sept. 12 when United host Minnesota United at Audi Field at 7:30 PM.
A full run down of the week’s events are below:
Monday, September 10: Fort Meade Clinic
- Six United players will lead a soccer clinic with more than 100 children of Armed Forces members at Fort Meade.
Tuesday, September 11: Honor Flight with WWII Veterans
- United players and staff will greet Honor Flight veterans at Reagan National Airport. The group will visit the WWII Memorial, Korean War Memorial and the Changing of the Guard at Arlington National Cemetery.
Wednesday, September 12: Armed Forces Night presented by Leidos and Geico, D.C. United v. Minnesota United
- Free camouflage hat to the first 5,000 fans
- U.S. Joint Forces Color Guard performance prior to kickoff
- National anthem performance by U.S. Army veteran DC Washington
- Air Force enlistment ceremony during halftime
- U.S. Navy Silent Drill Team performance during halftime
- Item of the match: D.C. United Fanatics branded green camo collection jungle t-shirt
Thursday, September 13: Quilts for TAPS Good Grief Camps
- United players and staff, Leidos, and TAPS staff will assemble quilt squares that will be turned in to full quilts for children attending TAPS Good Grief Camps.
- The quilts include inspiring messages and images that help comfort children grieving the loss of a military loved one.
Friday, September 14: #DCUSalute digital takeover
- United will share messages of support and thanks throughout the day via their digital channels. Use #DCUSalute to join the conversation!