D.C. United Academy forward Griffin Yow and midfielder Moses Nyeman have been called in to the U-17 MNT and U-16 BNT's concurrent training camps at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida. Yow will train with the U-17 age group, while Nyeman will train with the U-16 team. This is each players' first call up to their respective age groups during the 2018-2019 U.S. Soccer player cycle.
The camps will take place from June 2-10. U.S. U-16 BNT head coach Shaun Tsakiris will lead both age groups during the camp as U-17 MNT head coach John Hackworth continues his duties across the pond, serving as an assistant coach for the U.S. Senior Men’s National Team. Tsakiris has named 30 players for his U-16 age group, 29 born in 2003 and one born in 2004, while Hackworth named 29 players to the U-17 roster, all born in 2002.
The U-17s, whose preparation continues for the 2019 FIFA U-17 World Cup in Peru, are gathering for the fifth time since the team first assembled to kick off the 2018-19 cycle at December’s 2017 Nike International Friendlies. The U-16 BNT gathers for the fourth time since their 2018-19 programming began, when the unit was part of the Men’s YNT Summit.
U.S. U-17 Men’s National Team Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (5): Aaron Cervantes (Pateadores; Chino Hills, Calif.), Damian Las (Chicago Fire; Chicago, Ill.), *Chituru Odunze (Vancouver Whitecaps FC; Calgary, Canada), Marzuq Puckerin (FC Greater Boston Bolts; Cambridge, Mass.), *Ethan Wady (Chelsea FC; Surrey, United Kingdom)
DEFENDERS (9): Axel Alejandre (FC United; Chicago, Ill.), Michael Barragan (Atlas FC; Guadalajara, Mexico), *Erik Centeno (Sacramento Republic FC; Stockton, Calif.), Amir Daley (New York Red Bulls; Elmont, N.Y.), Tayvon Gray (New York City FC; Bronx, N.Y.), Owen Guske (Portland Timbers; Saint Johns, Fla.), Kobe Hernandez (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), Mason Judge (Chargers Soccer Club, Tampa, Fla.), John Tolkin (New York Red Bulls; Chatham, N.J.)
MIDFIELDERS (8): *Simon Carlson (United Futbol Academy; Norcross, Ga.), Luis Flores (Shattuck- Saint Mary's; Half Moon Bay, Calif.), Gilbert Fuentes (San Jose Earthquakes; Tracy, Calif.), Jack Imperato (De Anza Force; San Jose, Calif.), *Harrison Robledo (New York City FC; Greenwich, Conn.), Adam Saldana (Real So Cal; Panorama City, Calif.), Ray Serrano (Seattle Sounders FC; Graham, Wash.), Peter Stroud (New York Red Bulls; Chester, N.J.)
FORWARDS (7): Andres Jasson (New York City FC; Greenwich, Conn.), Diego Lopez (Atlanta United FC; Chino, Calif.), Alfonso Ocampo Chavez (Seattle Sounders FC; Fresno, Calif.), Joshua Pynadath (AFC Ajax; Amsterdam, Netherlands), Benjamin Redzic (FC Dallas; Carrollton, Texas), *David Rodriguez (FC Dallas; Irving, Texas), *Griffin Yow (DC United; Clifton, N.J.)
*Indicates first time call-up to U-17 MNT during 2018-2019 player cycle
U.S. U-16 Boys’ National Team Roster by Position:
GOALKEEPERS (5): *Mitchell Budler (Shattuck-Saint Mary's; Lincoln, Neb.), *Andrew Cordes (Colorado Rapids; Denver, Colo.), Eliot Jones (New England Revolution; New Britain, Conn.), Gavin Krenecki (Sacramento Republic FC; Fair Oaks, Calif.)
DEFENDERS (10): Adrian Aguilar (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), Mauricio Cuevas (LA Galaxy; Los Angeles, Calif.), *Mitchell Ferguson (Sporting Kansas City; Glen Carbon, Ill.), *Michael Lenis (Sporting Kansas City; Weston, Fla.), *Yahir Lopez (Phoenix Rising FC; Chandler, Ariz.), *Kayden Pierre (Sporting Kansas City; Rochester Hills, Mich.), *Mario Sanchez (Proyecto Elite; El Paso, Texas), Anton Sorenson (Crew SC Academy Wolves; Ann Arbor, Mich.), Kobey Stoup (Atlanta United FC; Montgomery, Ala.), Casey Walls (San Jose Earthquakes; Mill Valley, Calif.)
MIDFIELDERS (8): *Paxten Aaronson (Philadelphia Union; Medford, N.J.), Javier Casas Jr. (Chicago Fire; Addison, Ill.), Daniel Leyva (Seattle Sounders FC; Seattle, Wash.), Jack McGlynn (BW Gottschee; Middle Village, N.Y.), Selmir Miscic (Philadelphia Union; Royersford, Pa.) *Moses Nyeman (D.C. United; Riverdale, Md.), *Nicolas Pereira (Weston FC; Doral, Fla.), Edwin Villarreal (FC Dallas; El Paso, Texas)
FORWARDS (8): Patrick Bohui (Philadelphia Union; Philadelphia, Penn.); Andres Cardenas (Weston FC; Doral, Fla.), *Brian Gutierrez (Chicago Fire; Burbank, Ill.), Alex Monis (Chicago Fire; Naperville, Ill.), *Francesco Pagano (Empire United; Manlius, N.Y.), *Ivan Pino (Tuzos Soccer Club; Phoenix, Ariz.), Dante Sealy (FC Dallas; Frisco, Texas), Dantouma Toure (PDA; Trenton, N.J.)
*Indicates first time call-up to U-16 BNT during 2018-2019 player cycle
Development Academy Ties:
- 54 of 59 players have ties to the U.S. Soccer Development Academy.
- Three players have received Conference Player of the Year honors: George Bello (East U-15/16, 2017), Griffin Dorsey (Central U-15/16, 2016) and Trey Muse (West U-17/18, 2017).
- At the end of the 2016-2017 Academy season, three of the U-17 MNT players called up were named an Academy Best XI selection to their respective conferences at the U-15/16 level: Axel Alejandre (Central), Mason Judge (East) and Damian Las (Central).
- U-17’s Gilbert Fuentes is the only MLS professional called up. The midfielder signed a Homegrown contract with San Jose Earthquakes in January.
- The Development Academy clubs with the largest representation of players called into the combined camp are Chicago Fire and FC Dallas with eight players each.
- A total of 36 players from the two USA rosters represent Academy or Professional clubs from Major League Soccer.
- Thirteen U-16 and seven U-17 players are making debuts with their respective player pools.
- Seven U-17 players called up were part of the CONCACAF U-15 Championship in August 2017: Axel Alejandre, Gilbert Fuentes, Mason Judge, Damian Las, Alfonso Ocampo Chavez, Adam Saldana and Peter Stroud.
- The seven Concacaf U-15 Championship players are joined by Diego Lopez and Ray Serrano as the nine players from the final 2017 Nike International Friendlies roster.
- Three U-17 players are currently playing for international clubs: Michael Baragan (Atlas FC), Joshua Pynadath (AFC Ajax) and Ethan Wady (Chelsea F.C.).