Orlando City 1 (0-0-1, 1 point) v. D.C. United 1 (0-0-1, 1 point)
March 3, 2018 – Orlando City Stadium, Orlando, Fla.
- Asad scored his first goal for the Black-and-Red (eighth career MLS goal).
- Asad scored the opening goal for United in 2018; he also scored the first goal for Atlanta in 2017.
- Asad, Durkin, Ousted, Brillant, Fisher, Moreno, Segura and Mattocks made their first MLS appearances for the Black-and-Red.
- Durkin, Moreno and Segura made their first career MLS appearances.
- DeLeon made his 150th career MLS regular season start, all for D.C. United.
- Homegrown Chris Durkin made his MLS debut as a 73rd-minute substitute.
- United faced Orlando City for the eighth time in club history (3-4-1).
- D.C. United and Orlando tied for the first time in fixture history.
- United were awarded a penalty by VAR in the 20th minute
- United are 5-14-4 in opening road games.
Goals by Half
|1st Half||2nd Half||Total|
|D.C. United||Yamil Asad|
|Orlando City||Stéfano Pinho||Jonathan Spector, Justin Meram|
|30'||Orlando City||Cameron Lindley||Unsporting Behavior|
|41' RED||Orlando City||PC||Violent Conduct|
|45' +1'||D.C. United||Steven Birnbaum||Unsporting Behavior|
|45' + 6'||D.C. United||Darren Mattocks||Unsporting Behavior|
|47'||D.C. United||Nick DeLeon||Unsporting Behavior|
|81'||Orlando City||Yoshimar Yotún||Unsporting Behavior|
|Team||Shots||Shots on Goal||Corners||Offsides||Possession (%)||Saves|
Orlando City lineup:
Joe Bendik, Scott Sutter (RJ Allen 81'), Mohamed El-Munir, Jonathan Spector, Amro Tarek, Yoshimar Yotún, Will Johnson, Cameron Lindley (RIchie Laryea 66'), Victor Giro, Chris Mueller (Stéfano Pinho 58'), Justin Meram,
Unused Substitutes: Tony Rocha, Earl Edwards Jr., Lamine Sané, Donny Toia
D.C. United lineup:
David Ousted; Oniel Fisher, Steven Birnbaum, Frédéric Brillant, Nick DeLeon; Júnior Moreno; Yamil Asad (Chris Durkin 73'), Ulises Segura, Zoltán Stieber (Ian Harkes 60'), Paul Arriola; Darren Mattocks (Patrick Mullins 85')
Unused Substitutes: Bruno Miranda, Kofi Opare, Steve Clark, Chris Odoi-Atsem