D.C. United 1 (8-15-4, 28 points) v. New England Revolution 0 (8-11-5, 29 points)
Aug. 26, 2017 – RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
- Luciano Acosta scored his fifth goal of the season. United have a perfect record (8-0-0) when Acosta scores.
- Bill Hamid recorded his third consecutive shutout for the second time in his career and first time this season (his previous streak occurred over more than three straight matches due to an injury absence).
- Zoltán Stieber made his first career MLS start.
- Kofi Opare reached 20 MLS appearances in a season for the first time in his career.
- Lloyd Sam recorded his sixth assist of 2017, a team-high.
- Opare recorded his first career assist.
- United are now 33-26-12 against the New England Revolution all-time.
- The Black-and-Red are now 22-9-4 against the Revs at RFK Stadium.
- United have won every home match against the Revs since 2014 (five games).
- United have lost only one of their last eight matches against New England at RFK Stadium.
- United are now 283-274-132 in franchise history.
- United have won three consecutive matches for the first time this season.
- D.C. earned three consecutive shutouts for the first time since 2007.
- The Black-and-Red are now 5-5-3 at home this season.
- When scoring first, United are 6-2-1 (4-0-1 at home).
- United are 8-0-0 when leading in the 75th minute this season (5-0-0 at home).
- The Black-and-Red are now 7-7-3 when out-shot by their opponent (4-2-2 at home).
Goals by Half
|1st Half||2nd Half||Total|
|New England Revolution||0||0||0|
|26'||D.C.||Russell Canouse||Unsporting Behavior|
|63'||NE||Claude Dielna||Unsporting Behavior|
|65'||NE||Kei Kamara||Unsporting Behavior|
|81'||D.C.||Marcelo Sarvas||Unsporting Behavior|
|71'||D.C.||Luciano Acosta||Lloyd Sam, Kofi Opare|
|Team||Shots||Shots on Goal||Corners||Offsides||Possession (%)||Saves|
|New England Revolution||15||4||6||0||50||5|
D.C. United lineup:
Bill Hamid; Nick DeLeon, Kofi Opare, Jalen Robinson, Sean Franklin; Russell Canouse, Marcelo Sarvas; Zoltán Stieber (Chris Korb 80'), Luciano Acosta (Lloyd Sam 68'), Paul Arriola; Patrick Mullins (Deshorn Brown 90')
Unused Substitutes: Steve Clark, Ian Harkes, Jared Jeffrey, Chris Odoi-Atsem
New England Revolution lineup:
Cody Cropper; Andrew Farrell (Brian Wright 82'), Antonio Mlinar Delamea, Claude Dielna; Diego Fagundez, Gershon Koffie, Xavier Kouassi (Scott Caldwell 77'), Je-Vaughn Watson, Teal Bunbury; Juan Agudelo (Femi Hollinger-Janzen 87'), Kei Kamara
Unused Substitutes: Brad Knighton, Chris Tierney, London Woodberry, Zachary Herivaux