D.C. United 1 (7-15-4, 25 points) v. Atlanta United FC 0 (10-7-5, 35 points)
Aug. 23, 2017 – RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
- Jalen Robinson made his fifth career MLS start and second of 2017.
- Kofi Opare made his 18th start of the season, a career-high.
- Steve Clark made the gameday roster for the first time as a D.C. player.
- Russell Canouse made his first start at RFK Stadium.
- Bill Hamid has now played 16,089 minutes; he is the fourth player among active goalkeepers to reach 16,000 minutes played.
- Jared Jeffrey made his 23rd appearance of the season; his previous season-high was 21.
- United are now 3-0-0 against Atlanta United.
- United lead the Eastern Conference in points per game against Atlanta (3).
- The Black-and-Red have outscored Atlanta 6-2 in three matches this season.
- United are now 282-274-132 in franchise history.
- The Black-and-Red are now 4-5-2 (3-2-2 at home) when tied at the half.
- United are now 2-2-0 when playing on Wednesdays (2-0-0 at home).
- United won their second consecutive 1-0 game courtesy of game-winning own goals, the first time in MLS history.
- United have won 5 of the 17 MLS matches in which the score ended 1-0 from an own goal.
- The Black-and-Red are now 6-7-3 when out-shot by their opponent (3-2-2 at home).
- United won back-to-back matches for the first time since April 1 and April 8.
Goals by Half
|1st Half||2nd Half||Total|
|18'||D.C.||Luciano Acosta||Unsporting Behavior|
|24'||D.C.||Deshorn Brown||Unsporting Behavior|
|53'||D.C.||Marcelo Sarvas||Unsporting Behavior|
|78'||ATL||Carlos Carmona||Unsporting Behavior|
|90'+2||D.C.||Patrick Mullins||Time Wasting|
|46'||D.C.||Michael Parkhurst (OG)|
|Team||Shots||Shots on Goal||Corners||Offsides||Possession (%)||Saves|
|Atlanta United FC||15||2||8||2||65||6|
D.C. United lineup:
Bill Hamid; Nick DeLeon, Kofi Opare, Jalen Robinson, Chris Korb; Jared Jeffrey (Marcelo Sarvas 46'), Russell Canouse; Lloyd Sam (Sean Franklin 75'), Luciano Acosta, Paul Arriola; Deshorn Brown (Patrick Mullins 86')
Unused Substitutes: Steve Clark, Zoltán Stieber, Chris Odoi-Atsem, Ian Harkes
Atlanta United FC lineup:
Brad Guzan; Greg Garza, Leandro González Pirez, Michael Parkhurst, Anton Walkes (Julian Gressel 66'); Carlos Carmona, Jeff Larentowicz; Yamil Asad (Chris McCann 81'), Miguel Almirón, Hector Villalba (Brandon Vázquez 69'); Josef Martínez
Unused Substitutes: Kyle Reynish, Tyrone Mears, Kevin Kratz, Jacob Peterson