United will look to extend its modest (very modest) unbeaten streak to three games tonight when the Houston Dynamo visits RFK Stadium at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Before we jump into the various articles out there previewing tonight's game, a quick word about D.C. United Championship Week on Comcast SportsNet. Former United skipper Bruce Arena will be the featured CSN guest all night, first joining Russ Thaler on Washington Post Live from 5-6:30 p.m., then previewing tonight's match on SportsNite at 7 p.m., offering commentary from the studio during the game and finally providing some post-game thoughts on 'Sports Nite: Post Game Edition' beginning at 9:30 p.m. They're keeping The Bruce busy tonight, that's for sure.
And now, on to today's news rundown of all things United...
- Steve Goff takes a look at the team's goalkeeping situation in the Washington Post.
- John Haydon writes about Luciano Emilio's recent form in the Washington Times.
- Charlie Boehm with a preview at dcunited.com (game notes, too!).
- Meanwhile, in Houston Bernardo Fallas with a preview for the Houston Chronicle.
- Finally, If you have recently been to Dan Steinberg's Sports Bog, he was out at training yesterday and has posts on CSN's Top Five goals list, life without Bobby Boswell and the answers to all pressing United-related questions.
If you're coming out tonight, be sure to check out the Gameday Experience page for all of the pre-game, in-game and post-game happenings (remember, free parking for the first 50 VWs in Lot 4!).
And last but not least, bring canned goods and non-perishable food items tonight to Gate A to benefit two great programs. More info here.
Here's hoping for a good performance and a W tonight. We'll be back later with any other news and lineups prior to kickoff.
UPDATE: Here's an article from the Daily Herald in Chicago on United Head Coach Tom Soehn.