United at a Glance – October 2023
D.C. United turn the page to October and the last month of the MLS Regular Season. The club will make its final playoff push with two MLS matches, on the road against Austin FC and at home against New York City FC in the club’s regular-season finale.
October is also highlighted by the club’s annual fan appreciation night and a historic international friendly against Ghanaian Premier League Champions, Medeama SC as part of the Capital City Africa Week Festival in Washington, D.C.
Here is a look ahead at the exciting news and events surrounding the club and Audi Field this month.
SATURDAY, OCT. 7 – D.C. UNITED vs. NEW YORK CITY FC (7:30 PM)
Fan Appreciation Night presented by Audi
- D.C. United are proud to host the club’s annual fan appreciation night with supporter giveaways and discounts throughout the match. The first 5,000 fans will receive a D.C. United team poster, presented by Audi. Fan Appreciation Night is supported by P&G, Pepsi, and Events DC. The following partners will be activating with giveaways at the match: P&G, Pepsi, and Pepco.
SATURDAY, OCT. 14 – D.C. UNITED vs. MEDEAMA SC (5:00 PM)
International Friendly to Celebrate Africa Week
- The Ghana Embassy in Washington, D.C., the Ghana Tourism Authority, LIQUID SOUL-DC, Events DC, and D.C. United are proud to host the first-ever Capital City Africa Week Festival taking place October 9-14, 2023. The event will be anchored by the “Capital City Africa Cup,” a historic soccer friendly between Major League Soccer’s most decorated club, D.C. United, and Ghana Premier League champions, Medeama SC. For more information and tickets, click here.
- This match is supported by Audi, Inova, and Heineken.
SUNDAY, OCT. 15 – WASHINGTON SPIRIT vs. NORTH CAROLINA COURAGE (5:00 PM)
Fan Appreciation Night
- The Washington Spirit will host fan appreciation night as they close out their regular season slate at Audi Field. For information and tickets, click here.
D.C. UNITED DEBUT ENHANCED FAN APP POWERED BY TICKETMASTER IGNITE
- The enhanced app allows fans to search for, and purchase, D.C. United tickets directly within the app – a service unmatched by other ticketing partners. When D.C. United fans are looking to attend an upcoming game, they can log into the app, search for D.C. United games or other special events at their home stadium Audi Field, view interactive seat maps, and purchase tickets with secure checkout. After purchasing, tickets are automatically saved to their phones, so fans do not have to worry about cell service or Wi-Fi as they scan into their events. For more information, click here.
SCAN & PAY
- Introducing the newest method of paying for concessions at D.C. United home games. After placing your order with a concession stand employee, let them know that you are going to pay with the D.C. United mobile app. The point-of-sale system will present a QR code for you to scan. App users will have access to discounts and promotions throughout the year. To learn more about amplifying your gameday experience, click here.
- D.C. United and Audi Field are always striving to provide fans with an optimal gameday experience and appreciate fan feedback to accomplish this goal. All D.C. United match attendees will receive a short post-match survey via email following each match. These post-match surveys are available in both English and Spanish and should only take 2-3 minutes to complete.
D.C. UNITED IN THE COMMUNITY
D.C. UNITED FOUNDATION GOLF CLASSIC
- The second annual D.C. United Foundation Golf Classic was a success as D.C. United players, front office staff and supporters gathered for a beautiful day at Robert Trent Jones Golf Course. Raising more than $310,000, all proceeds are benefitting theD.C. United Foundation’s mission to level the playing field for DC communities and provide youth with the tools needed to soar on and off the pitch.
D.C. UNITED FOUNDATION
- The D.C. United Foundation aims to provide youth in the DMV with the tools necessary to soar on and off the pitch, while also seeking to level the playing field for communities by harnessing the power of sport. We prioritize serving populations that lack equitable access to important resources, educating and empowering the next generation and using our platform to lift people up and support their visions. To support the foundation and the community, click here to donate.
D.C. UNITED 50/50 RAFFLE FOR DC SCORES
- Available during all home D.C. United matches this season, the 50/50 Raffle offers fans the chance to win big and support DC SCORES, the official charitable partner of D.C. United! DC SCORES creates neighborhood soccer and arts teams to give kids the confidence and skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and in life.
- Online ticket sales open at noon on home match days and are available for purchase until the 70th minute mark. Tickets can be purchased online at the following price points: 10 for $10, 40 for $20, 100 for $40 and 300 for $100. For more information and to purchase raffle tickets online, visit dcunited.com.
WOMEN’S EMPOWERMENT WORKSHOPS – HOUSE OF RUTH
- Every month, D.C. United female identifying staff and community partners lead workshops focused on career readiness topics that educate and prepare the women at House of Ruth to enter and develop within the workforce. House of Ruth, empowers women, children, and families to rebuild their lives and heal from trauma, abuse, and homelessness.
D.C. United are proud to welcome a new partner to the Black-and-Red Family in Sherwin-Williams.
- Sherwin-Williams is a global leader in paints and coatings and has one of the industry’s most recognized portfolios of branded and private-label products. Sherwin-Williams branded products are sold exclusively through a chain of more than 5,000 company operated stores and facilities in the United States, Canada, the Caribbean, and Latin America. For more information, click here.
- At Audi Field’s FanDuel Sportsbook, you can place bets on your favorite teams and have a winning experience with a full-service sportsbook. Located just inside Gate A on the north side of the stadium, FanDuel Sportsbook is open Sunday – Thursday (11 AM – 10 PM) and Friday – Saturday (11 AM – 11 PM). To learn more, click here.
D.C. UNITED CLUB SHOP
- The Club Shop is your destination for D.C. United merchandise at Audi Field. Located near Gate A, fans can access the Club Shop from inside the stadium behind the Heineken Rooftop bar on matchdays.
- Club Shop Hours: Tuesday – Saturday (12 PM – 5 PM)
- On matchdays, the club shop will be open from 11 AM - 4PM and then from 6 PM until the end of the match.
- You can round up your total to the nearest dollar at the DCU Club Shop to be donated to the DCU Foundation.
ABOUT D.C. UNITED
One of the founding clubs of Major League Soccer in 1996, D.C. United are among the most decorated teams in the United States with 13 domestic and international trophies.
D.C. United have called the District home for the past 27 seasons and play their home games at Audi Field in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest, Washington, D.C, which opened in 2018. In addition to D.C. United games, the 20,000-seat soccer-specific stadium hosts over 100 events year-round, including the District’s premier arts, culinary, and music festival, Unite the District Fest. Audi Field is also home to America’s number one sportsbook through a partnership with FanDuel Group.
The Black-and-Red have won the MLS Cup four times (1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004), the Supporters’ Shield four times (1997, 1999, 2006 and 2007) and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup three times (1996, 2008 and 2013). For more information and club updates, please sign up for our newsletter and find us on social media @dcunited.