WASHINGTON, D.C., (October 14, 2021) – D.C. United and Leidos will host their annual Military Appreciation Night themed match against Nashville SC at Audi Field on Saturday, October 16 at 7:30 p.m. EST. In addition to the themed match, D.C. United, in collaboration with Leidos, will participate in multiple activities to further their positive impact on the military and veteran community in the region.
A list of the club’s matchday activities and community events can be found below.
- Mobile USO Parked on Audi Drive: D.C. United will welcome the Mobile USO to Audi Drive for fans and service members who arrive early before the match.
- Heineken Hall Musical Performance: The United States Air Force Band, the Singing Sergeants, will perform live in Heineken Hall when gates open (6:00 p.m. EST) until kick-off (7:30 p.m. EST).
- National Anthem: The National Anthem will be performed by the United States Air Force Band, the Singing Sergeants.
- Pre-Match Recognition: Prior to kick-off, D.C. United will host a moment of recognition for service members based in the Washington, D.C. area.
- Halftime Spotlight and Ceremony: At halftime, D.C. United will honor TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors) families of fallen heroes and also host a re-enlistment ceremony.
- Veterans and Service Members Cup Presented by Leidos: A special small-sided round robin tournament will be hosted by D.C. United in early November for service members. Meals will be provided and the winner of the tournament will receive D.C. United jerseys.
- Special Project for Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors (TAPS): Later this month, the club will host a volunteer event at Audi Field for front office staff and Leidos employees to come together to work on a special project to support the families serviced by TAPS.
- Supplies and Snacks for the USO Metro Region: In the weeks following the match, D.C. United and Leidos will team-up once more to pack supplies and snacks into care packages for the brave members of our country’s military.
For tickets to the club’s Military Appreciation Night match, please visit: www.dcunited.com/tickets.
About D.C. United
One of the founding clubs of Major League Soccer in 1996, D.C. United are among the most decorated teams in the United States with 13 domestic and international trophies.
D.C. United have called the District home for the past 25 seasons and play their home games at Audi Field in the Buzzard Point neighborhood of Southwest, Washington, D.C, which opened in 2018. In addition to D.C. United games, the 20,000-seat soccer-specific stadium hosts over 100 events year-round, including the District’s premier arts, culinary, and music festival, Unite the District Fest. Audi Field will soon be home to America’s number one sportsbook through a partnership with FanDuel Group.
The Black-and-Red have won the MLS Cup four times (1996, 1997, 1999 and 2004), the Supporters’ Shield four times (1997, 1999, 2006 and 2007) and the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup three times (1996, 2008 and 2013).
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.