Get out to the Maryland SoccerPlex tonight to watch United take on the Rochester Rhinos in the semifinal round of the U.S. Open Cup. D.C. won it last year and is looking to become the first team to repeat since MLS joined the tournament in 1996.
Tonight's game wil kick off at 7:30 p.m. There is not television coverage and, due to technological limitations at the SoccerPlex, the game will not be streamed online. If you can't make it to Boyds, you can listen live in both English (1050 AM) and Spanish (1540 AM).
Should United defeat the Rhinos tonight, it would host the U.S. Open Cup final at RFK Stadium on Wednesday, September 2 - and face the winner of Seattle Sounders FC - Houston Dynamo, who play tonight at 10 p.m. ET.
Ahead of this evening's match, here is what you should be reading:
- United Has Plenty to Do Before Open Cup Semis - By Steven Goff (Washington Post)
- Rhinos roll into SoccerPlex - by Craig Stouffer (Washington Examiner)
- DC's busy month starts with Open Cup defense - by Charlie Boehm (dcunited.com)
- Rochester Rhinos unite for D.C. challenge - by Jeff DiVeronica (Rochester Democrat & Chronicle)
- Video preview: Boyzzz Khumalo & John DiRaimondo
Anyone care to make a predicition? We gave away two sets of tickets to 'Black&Red' and 'Don' for correctly predicting Saturday's 3-1 scoreline. We'll do the same for anyone that picks the game correctly tonight - pick the right score and you'll win two tickets to an upcoming United game!