D.C. United is ready to take on the Ocean City Barons (PDL) tonight at the Maryland SoccerPlex in the third round of the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. ET.
If you can't make out to the SoccerPlex, you can listen to the game on the radio in English (1050 AM) or Spanish (1540 AM). United Soccer League's will also be providing a single-camera stream via usllive.com, so you'll be able to watch the game, as well!
You can also follow our twitter feed for periodic updates (tag your tweest about the game with #dcu and they'll show up on the front page of dcunited.com).
Should United advance past the Barons this evening, it would face the winner of the New England Revolution and the Harrisburg City Islanders (who also play tonight) next Tuesday, July 7, also at the SoccerPlex.
A few things to take a look at ahead of this evening's contest:
- Washington Post game preview (by Steven Goff)
- Washington Times game preview (by John Haydon)
- Washington Examiner game preview (by Craig Stouffer)
- BehindTheBadge.com notes (and more notes)
- mlsnet.com game notes (mlsnet.com staff)
- Press of Atlantic City game preview (by Susan Lulgjuraj)
- sjbarons.com preview (Baron's website)
- usopencup.com third round preview
- Video: Namoff, Pontius, McTavish discuss game
So, what do you think? Obviously, it's a difficult challenge for any PDL side to go up against an MLS side, but that's the beauty of soccer - you never know how a game is going to play out. The Black-and-Red will need to match the energy and enthusiasm of the young Barons, while also playing its game. Anyone care to make a prediction for tonight's contest?