Washington, D.C. (April 20, 2009) - D.C. United is set to host Ladies Night, an event intended to provide women and their friends with an enjoyable evening out. The club is teaming up with Hot 99.5 to throw a girls night out at RFK Stadium on May 9, prior to the team’s game against Toronto FC. Ladies Night takes place from 6 - 7:45 p.m. on the Capital View Terrace, with kickoff for the game set at 7:30 p.m.
More than 11 vendors will be on hand to provide products, taste-tests, giveaways, demos, advice and much more. Among those confirmed:
- The Vineyard of Virginia will offer a wine tasting and take orders for delivery.
- Nail Taxi will provide mini-manicures.
- Dove Chocolate Discoveries will contribute a chocolate fountain, other chocolate samples and giveaway a $175 gift basket.
- Results Gym will conduct fitness demos and offer advice.
- A Mary Kay beauty consultant will offer make-up consultations and free samples.
- Silpada will showcase a beautiful selection of jewelry.
- Pampered Chef will offer cooking tips and demonstrations.
- Beijo Bags will display various handbags, wallets and belts, all for sale.
- Passion Parties by Sonja will provide relationship advice and demo products that inspire intimacy, while also giving away a $100 gift basket.
- LA Boxing will conduct fitness demos and offer training advice.
- The Man and Woman of the Year Campaign for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
Ladies Night tickets are just $35 and include both a premium-level ticket to United’s game and entrance to the main event. For fans of the Black-and-Red who have purchased game tickets already, a Ladies Night upgrade is available for $15. All participants will receive an exclusive Hot 99.5 Ladies Night tote bag with coupons and special offers, while supplies last. Hot 99.5 radio host Sarah from “The Kane Show” will be on hand and there will be music throughout the evening.
RFK concessionaire Sodexo will provide chips and dip, nachos and salsa, pretzels, vegetable trays, fruit trays and a cash bar. Crown Imports will provide two complimentary beverages per attendees who are 21-years and older. Participants must be 18-years or older.
For more information or to purchase, please visit dcunited.com/ladies-night.
Broadcasting and P.A. Request: When speaking of the organization, please refer to the team as either “D.C. United” or “United,” but not “the D.C. United” or “the United.” We appreciate your cooperation.