Yesterday, the National Soccer Hall of Fame released the list of players who are eligible for election to the Hall of Fame in 2009. Included on the list are five former United players, as well as former Head Coach Peter Nowak (who is up for his five seasons in MLS as a player). Included on the list (with United stats):
- Jeff Agoos (135 GP, 11,696 minutes, six goals, 17 assists)
- Raul Diaz Arce (68 GP, 5,743 minutes, 44 goals, 10 assists)
- Marco Etcheverry (191 GP, 16,305 minutes, 34 goals, 101 assists)
- Roy Lassiter (67 GP, 5,217 minutes, 36 goals, 17 assists)
- Earnie Stewart (47 GP, 4,106 minutes, four goals, six assists)
Voting opens on November 3 and closes on December 3. See the full list of eligible players at soccerhall.org.
Currently, only one former United player is in the Hall of Fame - without the assistance of google/wikipedia/interwebs, can you guess who it is?