United will look to extend its five game unbeaten streak (4-0-1) against the Western Conference's best team today as the Black-and-Red take on the LA Galaxy in a rare noon kickoff. Today's game will be broadcast nationally on ABC and is the warm-up for the Euro 2008 final between Germany and Spain.
Tickets are still available and will not sell out. So, get out to RFK Stadium. In fact, leave now - I guarantee there are folks already tailgating.
Or.. you can check out the articles below to get you up to speed on the game.
- Steve Goff in the Washington Post focuses on Beckham's play on the field.
- John Haydon on a couple of designated players going against each other in the Washington Times.
- Charlie Boehm writes about the high profile clash at dcunited.com (notes here).
- George Solomon of the Washington Post also chimes in with a few thoughts on LA's visit (second item down), with a great quote from Fred.
- Jeff Carlisle with five things to watch during today's game over at espn.com.
- Justin Rodriguez with a local look at rookie Ryan Cordeiro in the Times-Herald Record.
- The Capital Weather Gang has your weather outlook here.
Also, some video from Comcast SportsNet...