United have selected University of Vermont midfielder Leandro “Geo” Alves with the 62nd overall pick and University of California forward Shinya Kadono with the 72nd overall pick in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft. The Black-and-Red traded their 86th overall pick (fourth round) in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft to the LA Galaxy in a 2016 trade for midfielder Miguel Aguilar.
Alves scored 19 goals and recorded nine assists in 37 appearances over two seasons for the University of Vermont. In 2018, the Cape Verde native earned a United Soccer Coaches (USC) First Team All-Northeast Region selection after scoring nine goals and recording five assists in 18 appearances.
Kadono scored 20 goals and recorded three assists in 66 appearances for the University of California over four seasons. His 12 goals and two assists in 2018 earned him a USC Second Team All-Far West Region selection and a First Team All-Pacific 12 Conference selection.
Player: Leandro “Geo” Alves
Selection: 62nd overall pick (fourth round) in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft.
Birthplace: Sao Filipe, Cape Verde
Country: Cape Verde
Birth date: 08/24/1995
- 2018: USC First Team All-Northeast Region
- 2017: USC All-East Second Team. America East All-Conference First Team. America East Academic Honor Roll. America East Fans’ Choice Player of the Year.
Player: Shinya Kadono
Selection: 72nd overall pick (fourth round) in the 2019 MLS SuperDraft.
Birthplace: Irvine, Ca.
Birth date: 01/30/1997
Weight: 168 lbs
School: University of California
- 2018: USC Second Team All-Far West Region. First Team All-Pacific 12 Conference. Pacific 12 Conference All-Academic Team
- 2017: USC Second Team All-Far West Region. Second Team All-Pacific 12 Conference. Pacific 12 Conference All-Academic Team.
- 2016: Pacific 12 Conference All-Academic Team.