D.C. United Guest Services employees are found all over the stadium for the convenience of our fans. Please see the information below for more details regarding services offered by the Guest Services team.
*Messages rates may apply
Guest Services Center
On event days, Guest Services is open from the time gates open until 30 minutes after the end of the match. Services offered at Guest Services include:
- General information/assistance
- Lost and Found – Any lost items may be reported to the Guest Services representative. A D.C. United representative will contact guests should their item be found. Lost items will be kept for 30 days. After 30 days, items will be discarded and/or destroyed if containing sensitive information.
- Guest comment forms – Have a complaint, compliment, or other feedback about your experience? Stop by Guest Services and fill out a guest comment form, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Disabled guest accommodations – Any questions regarding disabled seating, accessibility, or similar can be addressed here.
- Child I.D. wristbands – For the convenience of our guests, D.C. United offers identification wristbands for children attending our events, even if they are with a parent or guardian. In the rare instance of a lost child, these wristbands identify the child’s seat location and parental contact information, allowing Guest Services staff to reunite the child and parent. For more information or to pick up a wristband for your child, please visit Guest Services upon arrival to the stadium.
- Emergency response – If an emergency arises, please see the nearest Guest Services team member, or visit the Guest Services booth.
- D.C. United and Centerplate promote the responsible sale and consumption of alcoholic beverages. Guests should be prepared to show proper identification and proof of age when purchasing alcohol. All guests are expected and encouraged to drink responsibly. All alcohol sales will stop in the 65th minute of the match, or at the discretion of D.C. United and stadium management.
Bags and Backpacks
- Please click here for information on D.C. United's clear bag policy.
- Please click here to see prohibited items.
Cameras and Video Equipment
- Guests are permitted to bring cameras and video equipment, provided they are intended for personal use only. Professional and commercial grade cameras are not allowed in the stadium. Only credentialed media members are permitted to bring cameras with a lens longer than eight (8) inches, monopods, or tripods inside the stadium. Guests are not permitted to obstruct others from viewing the game while taking photographs.
- Children ages two (2) and under are not required to have a ticket to enter D.C. United games. If attending without a ticket, they must sit on the lap of an accompanying adult. If a child is the age of three (3) or older, they must have a ticket.
Outside Food and Beverages
- Outside food and beverage is prohibited.
- Guests may not exit and re-enter the stadium using the same ticket.
Resale of Tickets/Scalping
- Resale of tickets is strictly prohibited by D.C. United and District of Columbia law. Anyone violating said law is subject to arrest and prosecution by the D.C. Metropolitan Police Department.
- Smoking is prohibited in seating and hospitality areas.