DDOT will be closing the East Capitol St. ramp to 295 Northbound on Saturday night, due to construction work. Ramp to 295 Southbound will remain open, along with the ramp from Benning Road.
As part of the reconstruction of Kenilworth Avenue NE, The District Department of Transportation (DDOT) will begin milling and paving operations on Northbound Kenilworth Avenue from the East Capitol Street Ramp to the CSX Railroad Bridge Overpass, South of Helen Burroughs Avenue, Friday May 12, 2017. The work is expected to continue through Sunday, May 21, 2017. Work will occur Monday-Friday during the hours of 10 AM to 3 PM and 9:30 PM to 5:30 AM, weather permitting. Travel lanes will remain open during day time hours. Traffic will be reduced to one lane between 9:30 PM and 5:30 AM during road work.
Night time lane closures: Eastbound East Capitol Street to Northbound I-295 ramp will be closed. Detour signs will be posted to guide motorists to I-295 north (Kenilworth Avenue). Northbound I-295 (Kenilworth Avenue) ramp to Westbound Benning Road will be closed. Signs will be posted to guide motorists to Westbound Benning NE. Motorists are urged to stay alert and use caution when traveling through the work zones. Pedestrians and bicyclists should pay attention to the changing traffic patterns as well.
Please note: Fines are doubled for speeding in work zones.
- Lot 4/5 - Permit Only
- Lot 3/6/7/8 - Cash or Credit (Cars = $20; Buses = $45)
- Prices subject to change for other events at RFK Stadium
- Please note: bus parking is only in lots 3 and 7.
- Parking Lots open 4 hours prior to kickoff
- Lots close 1 hour after the match. Vehicles left at RFK unattended overnight may be towed at the owner's expense
Click on the photo to download
Public Transportation Options
- RFK Stadium is a short 10 minute walk from the Stadium-Armory Metro station. The Stadium-Armory Station is located on the Blue, Orange, and Silver Lines. Major transfer points from the Green, Yellow, and Red Lines include L’Enfant Plaza and Gallery Place.
- Follow the "to stadium" signs located inside the station to exit onto 19th Street. Follow the sidewalk around the DC Armory to East Capitol St. This will lead directly to the box office and Main Gate at RFK Stadium. When taking Metro, be sure to check their website for track construction and travel times.
- RFK Stadium is accessible by the 96, 97, B2, and D6 Metrobus lines.
- RFK Stadium has multiple bike racks located around the stadium at the entrances as well as in the parking lots. There is also a Capital Bike Share station at the corner of East Capitol St SE and 19th St.