In order to provide a safe and secure experience at Audi Field for all of our fans, and to expedite entry into the stadium, D.C. United will be implementing a clear bag policy at all events. What does this mean? Only clear bags of a specific size will be allowed into Audi Field—no exceptions. Bags allowed into Audi Field include:
- ONE clear, plastic bag no larger than 12” by 6” by 12”
- ONE clear, gallon freezer bag (Ziploc or similar brand)
- ONE clutch bag or small purse no larger than 6.5” by 4.5” (fits in the palm of a hand)
Please see below for further details!
If possible, D.C. United recommend that fans DO NOT bring bags with them to the game. This will expedite the entry process into the stadium. Lockers will be available at cost outside of the gates for fans to store their non-compliant bags.
Clear Bag FAQ
One large clear bag—either a one-gallon Ziploc bag or the 12” by 6” by 12” clear bag—plus one small clutch per person. The larger clear bag must be a standard 12” by 6” by 12” made of clear PVC vinyl or plastic. Any logos on the bag must be small enough that the contents of the bag are clearly visible. The one-gallon Ziploc bag is readily available, inexpensive and easily searched. The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and is also easily searched.
Yes. Binoculars, phones, or cameras can be carried into the stadium so long as they are not inside of a non-compliant bag. The clear bag policy is not a restriction on items that fans can bring into the stadium, it is only a restriction on the type of container used to carry items.
Diapers and wipes can be carried in a clear bag. However, diaper bags are not permitted.
Yes—only one-piece, foam seat cushions with no covers are permitted as long as they do not exceed 16” wide and do not have a zipper.
Yes, blankets will still be permitted. Fans will be able to bring blankets by tossing them over a shoulder or arm so that they can be easily screened.
Fans carrying bags that do not meet the clear bag policy criteria will be turned away from the stadium. Complimentary, disposable clear plastic freezer bags will be available at the stadium to afford guests the opportunity to transfer their belongings to an approved bag before entering the stadium. Placing an unapproved bag into a clear bag does not make it compliant, and it will be turned away. Additionally, lockers will be available at cost outside of the gates for fans to store their non-compliant bags.
There will be a separate entrance to allow screenings of these bags and medically necessary items. Please contact guest services for more information in advance of coming to a match at firstname.lastname@example.org
• To speed the security screening process, make sure that any bags being carried in meet D.C. United and Audi Field's clear bag policy guidelines.
• Remove any jackets or other large, bulky items from your bag and carry these in hand. When the contents of your bag are clearly visible, staff can screen bags without requiring any contents to be removed. If blankets or other items conceal the contents of a bag, staff must request that they be removed in order for screening to take place, delaying the process.
• When approaching the metal detector, remove any keys, coins or other metal objects from your pockets and hold these in hand. • If at all possible, do not bring a bag with you! Guests without bags will experience a much quicker entry into the stadium.
In addition to the bag policy, please click here to view our prohibited and permitted items lists.
We look forward to hosting you at Audi Field!