D.C. United and Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic will partner together to make a 12-year-old boy’s wish come true. Jordan, an Arizona native, enjoys bowling with family, playing dodge ball with friends and most importantly playing and watching soccer. This young athlete strives to participate in these activities in spite of the limitations he faces from living with cystic fibrosis. When Jordan learned he was eligible for a wish from Make-A-Wish, he knew immediately what to choose – Jordan wished to meet his hero, soccer player Sean Franklin, at a D.C. United game.
Media are encouraged to participate and attend Jordan’s visit with Sean Franklin and the rest of the D.C. United team on Saturday, July 19, and Sunday, July 20. The list of events for Jordan’s stay is below. If you plan to attend please RSVP with TJ Scholl at firstname.lastname@example.org or (910) 389-1607.
Who: Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic and DC United will collaborate to grant the wish of Jordan, age 12, from Surprise, AZ. Wish kid Jordan will be accompanied by his brother, Nathan, age 7, and parents.
What: Jordan and his family will be treated to an all-encompassing DC United experience, complete with a meet and greet with his soccer idol, Sean Franklin, an opportunity to participate in practice drills with the team and VIP tickets to Sunday’s game against Chivas USA.
Saturday, July 19
- 9 a.m. EST – Jordan and family arrive at RFK Stadium.
- 9:15 a.m. EST – Jordan will sign a contract with D.C. United with General Manager Dave Kasper and Head Coach Ben Olsen.
- Located in the RFK Media Room.
- 9:45 a.m. EST – Jordan will be introduced to team as new player and meet Sean Franklin.
- Located in the D.C. United locker room.
- 10 a.m. EST – Jordan will accompany Sean Franklin and team to training.
- Only first 15 minutes of training will be available for media.
- 11:30 a.m. EST (post training) – Jordan will join Sean Franklin and team in the team locker room and lounge for lunch.
Sunday, July 20
- Pre-Game: Jordan will walk out with Franklin for starting lineups, join the team in its starting 11 picture and join Bobby Boswell for the first kick. · Post-Game: Jordan will join Franklin and team in locker room following the game.
Where: D.C. United practice facilities and stadium –
2400 East Capitol Street SE
Washington, D.C. 2003
To learn more about Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic, please call (301)962-9474 or visit www.midatlantic.wish.org.
About Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic
Make-A-Wish grants the wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Make-A-Wish Mid-Atlantic serves children who reside in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland and northern Virginia. Founded in 1983, the Mid-Atlantic chapter has granted more than 8,000 wishes in the Mid-Atlantic region since its inception – 365 last year alone. For more information, please visit: www.midatlantic.wish.org.