The dream begins this weekend for more than 500 aspiring young soccer players as Sueño MLS 2013 – Presented by Allstate, the nationally-televised player search, kicks off with tryouts April 13-14, at Morven Park in Leesburg, Va., hosted by D.C. United.
While pre-registration for the D.C. United event is full, players are encouraged to sign up in person for the “walk-up” list starting Saturday, April 13 at 8 a.m. ET. D.C. United’s scouting efforts will be led by the club’s Head Youth Scout, Tom Torres, and Academy Manager, Steve Olivarez.
Friends and family of participating players, as well as the general public, are invited to watch the tryouts and enjoy the interactive fan zone presented by event partners. MLS legend and Guatemalan striker Carlos Ruiz, as well as Univision Network’s República Deportiva personalities Felix Fernandez and Carolina Macallister, are scheduled to make special appearances.
- More than 500 aspiring young soccer players
- Univision Network’s República Deportiva personalities Felix Fernandez and Carolina Macallister
- D.C. United scouts, led by D.C. United Head Youth Scout Tom Torres and Academy Manager Steve Olivarez
- D.C. United star forward Carlos Ruiz (Sunday, April 14, 2:30 – 4 PM)
D.C. United Tryouts for Sueño MLS 2013 – Presented by Allstate
41793 Tutt Lane
Leesburg, VA 20176
- Saturday, April 13 from 9 a.m. to approximately 7 p.m. ET
- Sunday, April 14 from 9 a.m. to approximately 4 p.m. ET
WHY: To find the best undiscovered young soccer player in the country