The schedule has been announced for the 2013 Disney Pro Soccer Classic, which will open with a matchup between the Columbus Crew and Toronto Football Club on Saturday, February 9 at 1 p.m.
The six Major League Soccer (MLS) teams participating in Central Florida Soccer Spring Training, as well as Orlando City Soccer Club (USL) and the Tampa Bay Rowdies (NASL), will compete in two weeks of group play, with Group A consisting of Orlando City, Philadelphia Union, Toronto Football Club and Columbus Crew. Teams in Group B will include the Tampa Bay Rowdies, D.C. United, Montreal Impact and Sporting Kansas City. All games will be played at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World.
Saturday, February 9, 2013:
- 1:00 p.m.: Columbus Crew vs. Toronto Football Club
- 3:00 p.m.: Montreal Impact vs. Sporting Kansas City
- 6:00 p.m.: Orlando City Soccer Club vs. Philadelphia Union
- 8:00 p.m.: D.C. United vs. Tampa Bay Rowdies
Wednesday, February 13, 2013:
- 1:00 p.m.: Philadelphia Union vs. Columbus Crew
- 3:00 p.m.: Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Montreal Impact
- 6:00 p.m.: Sporting Kansas City vs. D.C. United
- 8:00 p.m.: Toronto Football Club vs. Orlando City Soccer Club
Saturday, February 16, 2013:
- 1:00 p.m.: Montreal Impact vs. D.C. United
- 3:00 p.m.: Philadelphia Union vs. Toronto Football Club
- 6:00 p.m.: Orlando City Soccer Club vs. Columbus Crew
- 8:00 p.m.: Tampa Bay Rowdies vs. Sporting Kansas City
Pro Soccer Classic Championship Day – Saturday, February 23, 2013:
- 1:00 p.m.: Group A Fourth Place vs. Group B Fourth Place
- 3:00 p.m.: Group A Third Place vs. Group B Third Place
- 6:00 p.m.: Group A Second Place vs. Group B Second Place
- 8:00 p.m.: Group A First Place vs. Group B First Place
Travel packages are available that include lodging, Disney Pro Soccer Classic game tickets, attraction tickets and exclusive VIP experiences. Additionally, Soccer Spring Training will include a number of events aimed at increasing excitement for soccer in Central Florida, including a College Combine, International Trials and amateur soccer tournaments.
For more information about Central Florida Soccer Spring Training and to book a travel package, please visit Soccer Spring Training or call the official travel provider, GET Travel, at 888-877-4445, option 3. Central Florida Spring Training is sponsored by the State of Florida.
About CFSC: The Central Florida Sports Commission strategically solicits, creates and supports marquee sports-related events and businesses that enhance our community’s economy. The Sports Commission represents the counties of Lake, Orange, Osceola, Seminole and Volusia, as well as the City of Orlando. The Sports Commission also produces sports-related programs for the residents of Central Florida including the Celebrity Mascot Games, the SPORTYS, Breakfast of Champions and the Daytona Beach Half Marathon. More information