What made you get involved initially with D.C. United?
We supported the MLS Washington DC Pledge Drive and still have the Oct. 12, 1995 letter from Kevin Payne welcoming us. We've been full season ticket holders ever since.
What brings you back to the team year after year?
During all the years, we've lived the legacy of DC United. We're up when they're soaring and we suffer when they do. There's so much great history; we, the seven in my group, want to continue to be a part of it, as there's more to come. We must add that over the years DC United Staff and Management have been consistently super and one of the best. They make us just like a part of the team.
Who has been your favorite D.C. United player and why?
Over the years there have been so many great ones and they make this answer difficult. But for my group, Marco (El Diablo) Etcheverry stands out with Jaime Mareno close behind. We remember Marco's pinpoint passes and crosses, especially those corner kicks that curved directly into the net, his corner kick for the header of Eddie Pope to clinch the first 1996 MLS Cup, and his ferocious effort and spirit during a match.
What is your favorite memory of the team?
17 years can't just be rolled into just one. Favorite memories at RFK:
- 1996 Playoff series win against NY Metrostars with Roberto Donadoni, Tab Ramos, and Tony Meola
- 1997 MLS Cup final win by DC over Colorado 2-1.
- 1998 CONCACAF Champions' Cup Winners (beating two Mexican clubs at RFK on the way to the Cup)
- 1998 and 1999 Conference final wins both over Columbus (the game in '99 Marco had a goal and 3 assists and Roy Lassiter scored on a bicycle kick)
- 2004 Conference final win 4-3 over New England on penalty kicks. Gomez's goal on a header at 67 minutes was one of the best at RFK and we won on PKs, with Brian Carroll scoring the winner.
- Winning the Supporters' Shield in 2006 and 2007 (also in 1997 and 1999).
- 2011 Last September, we witnessed again the old spark when DC United won 4-1 over Real Salt Lake at RFK.
What do you enjoy most about being a season ticket holder?
We like most to share each match at RFK throughout the season with family and friends, those around us who jump up and high five at each D.C. United goal.
What was your reaction when you learned you were the Season Ticket Holder of the Month?
It's an unexpected honor and we certainly appreciate D.C. United's recognition of all our years together.