United kicks off its five game homestand tonight by taking on the Kansas City Wizards (7:30 p.m. ET, Comcast SportsNet HD). The playoff picture right now is a little messy, but a few wins over the five games at RFK Stadium will go a long way towards securing a spot in the post-season.
As you likely know, the team will be without Marc Burch (ankle surgery on Sunday) and Dejan Jakovic (bi-lateral hernia repair) for the next 2-3 weeks.
KC is well out of playoff conention right now, but is coming off a huge 4-2 road win in New England on Saturday. United will need to contain the likes of Josh Wolff, Davy Arnaud and Claudio Lopez tonight as it looks to begin a run of wins at RFK.
Here's a whole bunch of DCU-related links ahead of this evening's contest:
- United enters the stretch run thin on defense - by Steve Goff (Washington Post)
- Burch injury another blow for United - by John Haydon (The Washington Times)
- Defensive casulaties hit United entering late-season homestand - by Craig Stouffer (Washington Examiner)
- United hopes home cooking brings wins - by Charlie Boehm (dcunited.com)
- Wizards finding confidence on East Coast trip - by Terez Paylor (KC Star)
- Video: Quaranta & Namoff preview Wizards
How are you feeling about the team heading into tonight's game? What backline would you like to see knowing that Burch and Jakovic are unavailable? Anyone for a prediction?