D.C. United returns to RFK Stadium tonight for its first League match since a 3-1 win over Colorado on July 18. Since that time, the team is 0-2-1 in MLS play and 3-3-1 in all competitions (CONCACAF Champions League, U.S. Open Cup). The last month has seen the team travel to San Jose, Houston, El Salvador, Toronto and Honduras.
Tonight, the club faces a revived LA Galaxy team that is 6-1-1 in its last eight games and has ascended to second place in the Western Conference. Former United coach Bruce Arena seems to have the Galaxy firing on all cylinders and Landon Donovan is having one of his best seasons to date.
It is sure to be a fun one at RFK Stadium tonight with a crowd well over 20,000 expected. Kickoff is set for 7:30 and the game can be seen on Fox Soccer Channel and Fox Sports en Español. For everything you need to know about coming to the game, visit dcunited.com.
Here are a few game-primer links:
- For D.C. United, Any Victory Would Help - by Steven Goff (Washington Post)
- Seeking a morale victory - by John Haydon (Washington Times)
- Galaxy of difference between L.A. and D.C. - by Craig Stouffer (Washington Examiner)
- United see Galaxy match as must-win - by Charlie Boehm (dcunited.com)
- Video: Tom Soehn discusses Galaxy game (dcunited.com)
- Video: Chris Pontius on facing LA (dcunited.com)
What are your thoughts heading into tonight's game? How about some predictions?