D.C. United faces Club Deportivo Marathon for the first time in its history tonight at Estadio Olimpico in a game that will be broadcast live on Fox Soccer Channel (10 p.m. ET). The Black-and-Red hope to rebound from a Group A opening 2-0 loss to Deportivo Saprissa last week at RFK Stadium. Cruz Azul, who lost to Marathon in Honduras last week 2-0, defeated Saprissa 4-0 last night in Mexico.
Head Coach Tom Soehn is once again without Marcelo Gallardo, Jaime Moreno, Ben Olsen and Joe Vide, though Gonzalo Peralta may very well be available tonight for the first time in weeks. Time will tell (as will I... later) what the lineup will look like for this evening.
Here's some of what you should be reading:
- Steve Goff in the Washington Post.
- John Haydon in the Washington Times.
- Charlie Boehm at dcunited.com.
- Craig Stouffer in the Washington Examiner.
- And unrelated to tonight's game, but there's a lot out there about the future home of United.
Anyone care to make a prediction?