This afternoon, San Jose makes its first trip to RFK since 2005. The Earthquakes have struggled in the season's early going, putting together a record of 3-7-2 and managing to only score nine goals all year. United will be without Santino Quaranta (yellow card accumulation), but sees the return of Marcelo Gallardo and Bryan Namoff to the lineup, after each sat out last game due to red card suspension.
Kickoff is set for 3 p.m. ET. The game can be seen in Spanish on Telefutura and locally in English on Comcast SportsNet.
Heading into the game today, here's what you need to read:
- Steve Goff writes about the team's long home stand in the Washington Post.
- Harlan Goode's piece focuses on the continued resurgence of Luciano Emilio, from the Washington Times.
- Charlie Boehm with a game preview over at dcunited.com (game notes here).
- From yesterday, Brian Straus writes about Clyde Simms in the Post Express.
- The Capital Weather Gang has your weather outlook for tonight.
Also, be sure to check out the mlsnet.com photo gallery of United's bar of choice for post-game festivities, Finn Mac Cool's.