With a 2-0 hole following last week's game in Mexico, the boys have a difficult challenge ahead of them this evening, as Pachuca visits RFK for the second leg of the CONCACAF Champions' Cup semifinal. Game time is set for 7:30 p.m. ET at RFK Stadium. There's lots to read out there in the interwebs - here are a few select links to take a look at in advance of the game...
- Steve Goff writes about the welcome return to RFK and overcoming the 2-0 hole at the Washington Post. He's also got a bunch of notes and quotes on Soccer Insider.
- John Haydon touches on Santino's start at forward on Saturday and the need for goals tonight over at the Washington Times.
- Craig Stouffer spoke with Zach Wells, who also faced Pachuca twice last year with Houston, about the possibility of getting a result in the Washington Examiner.
- Charlie Boehm says United is looking to rebound in his preview at dcunited.com.
- Jeff Carlisle previews both United-Pachuca and Houston-Saprissa over at ESPN's soccernet.com.
Please also note: In addition to our game this evening, both the Wizards and Nationals are at home, so traffic is sure to be a bit ugly. Leave early. We like scoring early goals.
Update: Don't forget to check the weather over at UnitedCast.