D.C. United Pre-Academy Tryouts
D.C. United’s Pre-Academy teams will be holding tryouts during the month of May and June. Pre-Academy teams serve as a feeder system for the U-14, U-16 and U-18 Development Academy teams ultimately preparing players to possibly become a part of D.C. United’s First Team. The goal of the Pre-Academy system is to provide players with intensive training sessions several times a week with opportunities to participate with the Development Academy Teams and connect with the First Team. Players will compete in the Northeast Pre-Academy League, elite tournaments, MLS events and matches with Affiliate Club Members.
D.C. United Pre-Academy Facts:
- Thirty players on the Development Academy rosters began in Pre-Academy
- This is a year-round program
- In 2014-15, Pre-Academy will have smaller rosters
- Pre-Academy players have the opportunity to train with Development Academy Teams
Former Pre-Academy player Michael Seaton was signed to the First Team
Below is all the information needed to participate in the Pre-Academy tryouts:
- U-12s: Players born on or after August 1, 2002
- U-13s: Players born on or after January 1, 2001
- U-15s: Players born on or after January 1, 1999
Location: RFK Training Complex (Turf Field) 2400 East Capitol Street, SE Washington, D.C. 20003
What to Bring: A white t-shirt, black shorts, cleats and black socks, ID for check-in
Notes: Interested players should only register for one (1) tryout date. 100 players per tryout date – Once capacity is reached, registration will be closed. Check-in is 30 minutes prior to each session; please arrive early. Players who arrive late will not be permitted to participate or receive a refund.
To Register: Each player must complete the form, waiver, and $25 registration fee to secure a spot (no exceptions).