D.C. United partners with local food trucks for 2011 home opener
Washington, D.C. (March 11, 2011) - D.C. United today announced the club has partnered with four popular local food trucks to provide additional food options at the club's 2011 home opener on Saturday, March 19 vs. the Columbus Crew. Each of the four trucks will be parked in Lot 8 at RFK Stadium and be open for business beginning at 5pm ET.
"We're thrilled to be working with the folks at Eat Wonky, Dangerously Delicious Pies, DC Slices and BBQ Bandidos," said D.C. United's Director of Marketing Communications Kyle Sheldon. "As big fans of the food they offer, we at D.C. United are excited to provide their delicious offerings out in Lot 8 prior to next Saturday's home opener."
Supporters are encouraged to follow each of the four food trucks on Twitter, as each will give away tickets to next Saturday's game during the course of next week. Ticket plans and game packages, as well as individual game tickets, are available for purchase at dcunited.com/tickets
Food trucks interested in partnering with D.C. United should contact Kyle Sheldon directly at email@example.com.
- Wonky Dog - All-beef frank on a warm toasted roll, topped with fries, squeaky cheese and gravy.
- Wonky Fries - Fresh cut fries topped with squeaky cheese and gravy.
- Grilled cheese - Squeaky cheese with crushed red pepper and basil on a Panini-grilled hoagie roll.
- Whoopie pies - Fresh-baked cookies with a cream-filled center in assorted flavors.
Menu: available both by the slice and as a pie
- Sausage & onion
- Buffalo Chicken
- Bacon & Cheddar
- Also available: Tasty tater tots, Mozzarella sticks
Dangerously Delicious Pies
Menu: a mix of Sweet and Savory Pies including these favorites
- SMOG (Steak Mushroom Onion and Gruyere) - Savory pie: Tender steak, roasted mushrooms and onions, Gruyere cheese, and cream to keep it nice and sloppy. Featured on the Food Network's "Road Tasted with the Neelys".
- Baltimore Bomb - Sweet pie: Loaded with Berger Cookies (a local specialty) that melt down and swirl into a sweet vanilla chess filling. This pie could be the ultimate of decadence. Featured on Food Network's "The Best Thing I Ever Ate: Guilty Pleasures".
American BBQ sandwiches - all served on Kaiser roll with country slaw on the side
- Carolina pulled pork - vinegar based Carolina ‘Q'
- Memphis brisket - dry rubbed and long smoked
- Texas grilled chicken - sweet & tangy red sauce
Mexican cemitas - all served on Kaiser roll with avocado, lettuce, queso fresco & pico del gallo
- Carne asada - grilled marinated steak with cilantro & lime
- Carnitas enchilada - slow roasted spiced pork with enchilada sauce
- Pollo con salsa verde - fire grilled chicken breast with salsa verde