MLS game #28: DCU vs. Chivas USA
A crowd approaching 25,000 is expected tonight for D.C. United's must-win battle versus visiting Chivas USA. With only three games remaining in the regular season, and United on the outside of playoffs (standings) looking in, the team is looking to go on a run beginning tonight. Chivas USA currently sits in the second (of four) wild card spots, but with every team within a few points, they're in need of a win, too.
United will again be without Josh Wicks (dislocated shoulder, MCL sprain) and Bryan Namoff (concussion), but will also have to survive without rookie Rodney Wallace, who is suspended for tonight's match due to yellow card accumulation.
- Khumalo's Return Provides a Boost - by Steve Goff (Washington Post)
- Vaughn finds a 'second home' with United - by Drew Hansen (Washington Times)
- DC faces string of must-win games - by Charlie Boehm (dcunited.com)
- United's Vaughn eager to face former team - by Charlie Boehm (dcunited.com)
- Video: Kocic, Vaughn preview Chivas USA
What do you think about this evening's contest? After Wednesday's 5-1 drubbing of Jabloteh, who would you like to see in the starting lineup?
Drop your prediction for tonight's score in the comments below - we'll give away two free tickets to the team's regular season finale - versus the Columbus Crew on Oct. 17 - to every person who guesses correctly.