MLS game #13: DCU vs. NYRB
Tonight at RFK Stadium, D.C. United meets its most disliked rival in the New York Red Bulls. It is the final meeting for the two teams this season (unless they meet in the post-season). United has been victorious in both of the prior two meetings in 2009, earning a ridiculous come-from-behind 3-2 win at Giants Stadium on April 26 and a 5-3 U.S. Open Cup win at RFK on May 20.
Following a disappointing last-minute, penalty-kick-disaster loss against the New England Revolution last Saturday, United is looking to get back to its unbeatable ways tonight. With a tightly packed Eastern Conference standings, three points tonight would be helpful as the team looks to separate itself.
If you're in DC, you should make your way out to RFK Stadium. If not, tune in to ESPN2 to watch this evening's contest.
In the meantime, here's what you should look at to get you ready for the game:
- Wicks Solidifies Hold on United's Goalie Job - By Paul Tenorio (Washington Post)
- United focuses on finishing - By John Haydon (Washington Times)
- Moreno aims to help bring back United's attack - By Craig Stouffer (Washington Examiner)
- United not overlooking Red Bulls - By Charlie Boehm (dcunited.com)
- First XI: Epic rivalry - by Jeff Bradley (dcunited.com)
- Red Bulls versus D.C. United preview - Associated Press (espn.com)
- Red Bulls face rough road - By Brian Lewis (New York Post)
- Video: Access United - Week 12
If you're interested in winning two tickets to next weekend's game against the Chicago Fire, simply enter a lineup or score prediction in the comments below - you don't even need to guess correctly, we'll pick a winner from everyone who enters!