MLS game #8: DCU @ Kansas City
D.C. United is in Kansas City to face the Wizards (3-3-1, 10 pts.) for the first of three times in 2009. The team will be without Ben Olsen (hamstring strain), Marc Burch (sore ankle) and Fred (family reasons), all of whom did not travel. With one of its deepest teams in recent years, however, United fans should rest easy as Head Coach Tom Soehn has numerous players at his disposal who can step in and get the job done.
The Black-and-Red will look to extend its modest three-game unbeaten streak in League play. With a win or draw tonight, D.C. would take sole possession of first place in the Eastern Conference.
Tonight's game will be broadcast in the D.C. area on Comcast SportsNet and can also be heard on the radio in English (1050 AM) and Spanish (1540, 1390, 1600 AM).
Here's today's reading list:
- Nothing but Netminders: United Tries to Settle on a Starter - by Steven Goff (Washington Post)
- United is back on top as it heads to Kansas City - by Craig Stouffer (Washington Examiner)
- United begin tough stretch in Kansas City - by Charles Boehm (dcunited.com)
- 'Keeper Kocic impressive in United net - by Charles Boehm (dcunited.com)
- Access United: Week 8 (video!)
Don't forget that if you're following the game on TV, you can join the conversation about the game on Twitter. Simply tag your tweets with #dcu or #dcunited and they'll show up on the front page of dcunited.com.
Finally, how about some score predictions?