MLS game #7: DCU vs. FC Dallas
FC Dallas makes its second visit to RFK Stadium for the second time in just ten days this evening. The teams met previously on April 22 in a U.S. Open Cup play-in match, in which United defeated the visitors 2-0 on the strength of goals by Fred and rookie Brandon Barklage. In that game, both teams rested key starters, which will likely not be the case tonight.
Tonight's game can be seen on Fox Soccer Channel (pre-game show at 7 p.m., kickoff at 7:30 p.m. ET).
Head Coach Tom Soehn has a difficult task ahead of him this evening as he has have every player on the roster available (aside from Anthony Peters and John DiRaimondo, who were loaned to Harrisburg this weekend) for selection. Jaime Moreno (achilles strain) is the only player listed on the team's injury list, but even he is listed as probable and will likely be ready to go.
The team is hoping to ride it's recent - if short - wave of momentum, having most recently earned a ridiculous come-from-behind win over New York.
As you prepare to make your way to RFK Stadium tonight, here's what you should be taking in:
- United's Quaranta is back in the game - by Steven Goff (Washington Post)
- Quietly confident Quaranta - by John Haydon (Washington Times)
- United look to build off Red Bulls win - by Charles Boehm (dcunited.com)
- Despite record, FC Dallas thinks it's making progress - by Mike Hekia (Dallas Morning News)
- Dallas vs. D.C. United preview - Associated Press (espn.com)
- Video: Week 7's Access United - hosted by Tony Limarzi
- Video: Tom Soehn previews Dallas
As always, we'll take your predictions of tonight's score line in the comments section. If you predict the score correctly, you may very well win two tickets to an upcoming DCU home game.
We'll also aggregate a twitter feed on the front page of dcunited.com tonight, so if you're following us, be sure to tag your game-related tweets with #dcu or #dcunited and they'll show up on our homepage.