MLS game #27: DCU @ Houston Dynamo
It's pretty close to it with just three games left in the season and several teams vying for the final four playoff spots. Following a courageous 2-2 draw versus Saprissa in Costa Rica on Thursday, United will attempt to replicate the gritty, spirited performance against the Western Conference leading Houston Dynamo. See the current League standings here.
The team trained yesterday afternoon at Robertson Stadium. The field is relatively hard and, unfortunately, covered with tons of football lines and graphics - not great for those watching on TV. Speaking of which, tonight's game - set for 7 p.m. ET - will be broadcast live on Comcast SportsNet and on the radio in English (1050 AM) and in Spanish (1540 AM).
Read these articles:
- In the Washington Post, Steve Goff writes that the team is keeping hope alive.
- John Haydon in the Washington Times says it's a must-win game.
- dcunited.com games notes.
- The AP preview shows the dichotomy between the two teams' last seven weeks.
- In the Houston Chronicle, Bernardo Fallas' preview focuses on former United defender Bobby Boswell.
If you correctly predict today's score, you'll have a chance at winning two tickets to one of United's last two home games. Drop your best guess in the comments section below.