MLS game #19: DCU @ Chicago Fire
The last time United visited Chicago, the team got a thrilling, last-minute win courtesy of a Luciano Emilio goal. I'd take a similar result this evening - you know, a win - but would prefer a little less drama. The team watched some film last night in preparation and will need to be ready for U.S. international Brian McBride, who may make his Fire debut tonight.
Game time is 8:30 p.m. ET. Tonight's match will not be broadcast locally, but can be heard on the radio - in English on 1050 AM and in Spanish on 1540 AM. If you're looking for a place to watch the game with fellow United fans, here are a few options.
As you're thinking about tonight's match there is a whole lot to read out there on the interwebs. Here's a sampling:
- In the Washington Post, Steve Goff takes a look at the long-standing United-Fire rivalry.
- John Haydon in the Washington Times, writes about Santino Quaranta's move to the middle of the park.
- From the mothership, Charlie Boehm previews tonight's match.
- In the Chicago Tribune, Luis Arroyave writes about Brian McBride finally joining the Fire.
- Orrin Schwarz in the Daily Herald also writes about McBride's possible debut.
- Strangely, Nick Firchau writes about this guy McBride, too.