MLS game #17: DCU vs. KC
D.C. United gets back into it tonight when the Kansas City Wizards visit RFK Stadium at 7:30 p.m. United and the Wizards are two of four Eastern Conference teams currently tied for fourth place with 22 points each, so tonight's game serves as an opportunity to provide a little separation in the muddied standings.
Head Coach Tom Soehn will once again face the challenge of putting a cohesive unit on the field as several key players remain unavailable for selection. In addition to several injured players, Gonzalo Martinez will be in the stands due to an automatic one-game suspension following a red card. Newcomer Ivan Guerrero will be available and could very well find himself in the starting lineup.
With that in mind, here's what you need to read to get fully prepared for this evening's match. Get it.
- In the Washington Post, Steve Goff looks at the season so far.
- John Haydon writes about the team's long July and addition of Guerrero in the Washington Times.
- Charles Boehm says United is looking for a little revenge tonight, via dcunited.com (game notes here).
- Meanwhile, in KC, Pete Grathoff previews tonight's game with a look at Wizards rookie Nelson Pizzaro.
- The Capital Weather Gang says it's a nice night for soccer.
Finally, how about some predictions? As usual, if you pick the right score, you'll have a shot at winning two tickets to an upcoming United game.