SuperLiga game #3: DCU vs. Houston
Well, it will be interesting to see what Tom Soehn and the coaching staff decides to do tonight. Needing a three goal win over Houston and a Chivas win over Atlante (they kick off at 10 p.m. ET) to advance, it's an obvious long shot. The coaches may decide it's worth it to go for it or may decide it's such a small chance to advance that it makes sense to rest guys for MLS and Open Cup play. I'm curious to see which route they go. Keep in mind, that after tonight's match D.C. and Houston have to face each other in a League match on Tuesday at RFK.
Tonight's game kicks at 8 p.m. ET and can be seen nationally on Telefutura and locally on Comcast SportsNet. If radio is your thing, tune in to WFED 1050 AM for Tony Limarzi's call (be sure to also check out the pre and post-game shows!).
As we wait for the game, be sure to read all of the latest news and views out there:
- Steve Goff writes about the two possible avenues for the match in the Washington Post.
- John Haydon of the Washington Times says winning by three isn't impossible.
- Charlie Boehm writes about Jaime Moreno as the team's spark plug at dcunited.com (game notes here)
- From the Houston Chronicle, Bernardo Fallas writes about the double dose of games over the next four days.
- Get your Capital Weather Gang forecast here.
As per usual, we'll take predictions in the comments. If you guess the correct score, you'll have a chance to be randomly selected to win two tickets to an upcoming United game of your choice. We reserve the right to do whatever the heck we want with all contest on BehindTheBadge.com, by the way.