MLS Game #13: DCU vs. NYRB
Tonight, the New York Red Bulls visit RFK Stadium for the first time in 2008. As a supporter of our team, you already know that you don't like them. Nor do your friends. Nor do your parents. The good news is, that as a supporter of D.C. United, you've seen a lot more wins than losses versus the team from New York. All-time, United is 26-16-5 versus their Atlantic Cup rivals in the regular season - and the seven times the two teams have met in MLS Cup playoffs? United is 5-1-1.
The team will look to improve upon its already impressive record against the Red Bulls tonight at RFK Stadium. Kickoff is set for 7:30 p.m. ET and the game will be broadcast locally on Comcast SportsNet and nationally on HDNet. The team will be without Marcelo Gallardo and Bryan Namoff following their red cards in Chicago last week, so expect a few changes to tonight's lineup.
As you get ready for tonight's match, you'll want to read the following...
- Steve Goff in the Washington Post writes about the past drug addictions of midfielder Santino Quaranta and how he spent three months in rehab last year before United gave him a second chance (a truly incredible story).
- John Haydon writes about tonight's necessary lineup changes in the Washington Times.
- Charlie Boehm writes about the team's recent momentum at dcunited.com (game notes, too!).
- Brian Straus of the Post Express on Emilio sparking United's recent run.
- Dan Steinberg of the Washington Post - and the mastermind behind D.C. Sports Bog - offers some advice for fitting in with United's hardcore fans.
- To see what's going on throughout the day at RFK, hit up the Gameday Experience page.
- And finally, the Capitol Weather Gang will keep you updated on the weather outlook as game time approaches.